1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHORT COURSE Tekno TKR5500 - SCT410 Build.

Discussion in 'OFF Road Build Projects' started by Diablo, Mar 1, 2013.

1. GotCox

GotCox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looking good dude. Gonna be an awesome racing machine when done. And if you paint it like the exo will stand out from the crowd no problem. Can't wait to see how it all turns out and how she runs. Great job.

2. howse

howse Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

love all of it, just can't wait to see it painted. Both brake system and traktion systems with help with motor cooling as well as help with lose dirt tracks. (so im told)

3. Diablo

Diablo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks guys. Loving this build and have decided to go with the exo colour theme. Now just need to sort out how I'm going to make it work. Do i go flames, or rips, or racing stripes. So many options, too early in the morning to think properly... Might borrow some whiteboard markers form work and have a play....

4. Rambodian

Rambodian New Member

Thats one sweet looking rig so far Diablo, it looks so well designed, can't wait to see the end result.

5. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Just a quick update. Decided I wanted to run the 1/8th buggy rims

(in particular AKA Racing Pro-5 Short Course Truck Wheels - but every where seems to be out of stock currently)

[​IMG]

So in the mean time, I have upgraded the hubs to 17mm buggy style ones. :XD:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Arrrrh the joys of receiving parts you weren't expecting for another week.

[​IMG]

7. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Brake kit installed.

[​IMG]

8. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Been a bit slow going as of late. Work has been keeping me pretty busy. Got the body almost ready to paint, but still unsure on how I will do this one.

Thinking of trying out some liquid mask and going all out (watching Hemistorms tutorials is partly to blame for that lol). :XD:
    just dont want to go to far outside my skill level and make a mess of it :O_O:

Anyway small update, I have mounted the sensors for the telemetry. The temp sensor on the motor is sandwiched in some thermal transfer tape and covered in some heatshrink to keep it there. On the side of the radio box, you can just make out the RPM sensor which reads off the spur gear. Really happy with how i ended up mounting the RPM sensor, its a perfect distance from the reflector, out of the way, and the cable goes directly into the receiver box.

[​IMG]

Oh, I also added the air guards to the chassis too. May or may not paint them in future, have not decided yet.

hopefully the RX8 and wheels I want will be back in stock soon so I can get this beast up and running.

9. Mowgli

Mowgli Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sweet lookin rig, should run like a raped ape.

10. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Well another order is placed for parts. have some new servos (2 x high speed, high torque). have some road wheels and tyres on the way too, so at least I can get it rolling. and a few other little bits and pieces.

mid next month I will be able to get the RX8 for it i hope and can then run it :XD:

hopefully this weekend I will get the liquid mask delivered so I can start prepping the body for paint.

11. Fabulous

Fabulous Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

This is very cool! For your paint scheme will you be doing a number on the door? I haven't seen too many people rock a number on the door panel in a while.

12. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

cheers mate. not sure how i am going to do it yet. I do have some stickers that I can use for a door number. but seeings as im building it to race I guess I should do something like that.

13. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Here is a bit of a sketch I'm working on for the roof of the flotec shell. Still needs some refinement but I'm a little short on paper until I remember to get a pad from the office tomorrow.

[​IMG]

More parts are due to arrive on Tuesday, but will be in Melbourne toll the end of next week.

14. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    Awsome looking rig man, looks like allot of fun.

My vote is KEEP the EXO colour scheme, as you know I love it on the EXO.

15. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Yep, still going with the Exo colour theme on this one, with the colours of the tecno logo thrown in as well. my ideas for the paint are starting to come together. just hope I can make it happen :graffiti:

16. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    Sweet thats a wicked color combination.

17. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That's going to look sweet

18. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Ok got the roof sorted now with what I want to do. But now I really need a RCSparks somethingerother incorporated in there. It's a little too complex for my skill level but was thinking the elite/mod/intro skull with wings on the doors or something with a space for the race number in the banner area of it.... Susgestions welcome....

19. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Love new parts in the morning (well technically it was late last night)

[​IMG]

Looks like the wheels and tyres I have for on road testing will not work with the body :( but they do look good....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Ballistic

Ballistic ND RC Junkie
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looks good. Like the rims and tires. When do you think you will be painting it?