1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHORT COURSE Tekno TKR5500 - SCT410 Build.

Discussion in 'OFF Road Build Projects' started by Diablo, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Diablo

Diablo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hopefully you have better success soldering the posts than I did. Had trouble getting the posts hot enough for the solder to take. Tekin have done a very good job thermally connecting the posts and the heatsink.

2. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

80watt iron???

3. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Nar my soldering station. The posts were extremely efficient at conducting the heat from the iron to the main heatsink.

4. RichMTB01

RichMTB01 Member

5. Ballistic

Ballistic ND RC Junkie
    ELiTE MEMBER

Any new updates?

6. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Been a while. The tekno has sat on the shelf for far too long. So I thought I would try at least get the body sorted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grabbed the wrong cans when I did the logo on the top so I the contrast is not the best, but it does the job. Must have been over 12 months ago I put the liquid mask on the shell and worked brilliantly even after so long on the shelf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greenie likes this.
  7. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

Had the tekno out for a little test around the street today. Can't believe I let this thing gather dust for so long. I have driven my fair share of rc vehicles, but nothing I have driven handles like this beast. Only running 2S and she gets up and boggies hitting about 70kmph according to the telemetry (so give or take a few kmph depending on accuracy). Despite the amount or power it's running, it feels like it's on rails and just doesn't want to roll when given a tight turn at speed (unlike the slash the neighbours have which is on its roof more than its wheels).

So glad I'm running the mechanical brakes too. It stops on a dime. Been playing around with the brake bias a bit and most impressed. Front bias and it has mad stopping power and is straight as an arrow under full brake regardless of the direction the front wheels are facing. Rear bias and I can start throwing it into slides really easily. Just like using a bit of handbrake [​IMG]

Really need to get it to a track so I can see how well she flies.....