1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing the Drone and crashing in the living room with all the mods.

Discussion in 'Multi-Rotor' started by mauirc, Apr 12, 2015.

1. mauirc

mauirc Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Testing the CX-20 in the house after significant modifications. Installed Telemetry module, Power module, Minim OSD Module, G2D Gimbal with Sony action Cam, FPV system, DJI 9450 props, Flame wheel landing gear. Also custom wired gimbal to be routed through flight controller. Seems to all be working pretty good just need to tune the power module a bit more for accuracy. Pretty happy with how stable it's working after autotune through arducopter and autotrim. Next up is range booster install and range testing.

BigMike81 likes this.
  2. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

looks fantastic, I wonder how it will do in the wide open? Looks intimidating to me, but those gadgets could be a lot of fun to play with. You could position hold it and video yourself doing other things, I've seen Alan Zabo do that before. He'll lock his quad into position at altitude and fly 3d with his trex 700.

mauirc likes this.
  3. mauirc

mauirc Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I've had a good 1.4 mile test with it and that's where the control range dropped out which triggered return to home failsafe. Just finished installing a transmitter booster which should give it a few more miles range. Also upgraded the fpv system with better antennas and transmit power so we'll see how it does this Sunday. I'll have another video up with the results. If you haven't seen the first range test with this gear it is here:

Cheerson CX-20 Quanum Nova QuadCopter Drone Stock…:

BigMike81 likes this.
  4. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The technology is fantastic on this thing. I can't believe the range your getting. I would be terrified of flying this thing that far away, man that was a great vid.