1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Last Person To Comment gets $20

Discussion in 'Contests' started by RCSparks, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Dazed

Dazed Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

This is my fav of the builds posted he posted here, Awesome 6x6 flat bed tow truck...

https://www.rcsparks.com/forum/threads/p2639-6x-custom-6x6-tilt-deck.24133/

If it doesn't inspire you to build a 6x6 I don't know what will, but maybe this...

That's the vid that got me hooked, saw it and decided I absolutely needed an rc!

2. Little Rascle

Little Rascle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    [​IMG]
    I felt as if y'all needed some pumpkin spice moon shine.

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

3. K.C.'s RC

K.C.'s RC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

If you're looking for a decent 6X6 there is the HGP601. It's a pretty good price and there's a decent amount of upgrades for it. I was either gonna get that or an SCX10 to be my first trail truck, but now Traxxas has the new TRX-4 coming out which is what I'll be getting, but I may still get one maybe next year or something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dazed and Little Rascle like this.
  4. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

But for those that like the extra " custom one-of-a-kind special 1of1 outcome of fabricating, it certainly isn't difficult any more with so many people having done it, to extend the frame of an SCX10, get another axle, driveshaft, and put another output end on the back of the middle axle, extra links and shocks, a 6x6 SCX10 build is definitely a nice build.

Traxxas Slash 4x4 OBA TSM
    CEN Colossus XT
    Traxxas TRX-4 (August)

Dazed and Little Rascle like this.
  5. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

How do you guys like my new signature?

CEN Colossus XT
    Traxxas TRX-4 (August)

Little Rascle likes this.
  6. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

Oh and in my new signature there is the month I will be getting my new TRX-4:)
    It may be, and probably is gonna be sooner, but that is a safe bet on when I will get it. I know there are several of you on here that are still skeptical about it, or waiting for me to get mine and give it the "flame review", so if August is too far away for you, OF COURSE, you are more than welcome to get yours at any time. Now, at this point I do plan on getting one, but if something that comes up about the vehicle between now and then such as a major issue or fault with it, that causes me to not want one anymore, I will let you guys know that I won't be getting one... and I won't be getting one.

CEN Colossus XT
    Traxxas TRX-4 (August)

DodgeZippy and Little Rascle like this.
  7. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

Well, after getting some driving time on it now, it is awesome. I'd highly recommend it. Just got in from a run with it on 3S and it was tearing up the driveway and throwing mud and stones everywhere since it just rained last night. I think that after mainly driving on 3S, which is a ton of power, and driving on 6S a little bit, that I think I may go to 4S and get comfortable with it. Then go to 6S. This thing is so insane, I'm questioning if I should even do the 8S upgrade. I'm gonna go for it! But for basic driving, in a smaller area, 3S is plenty, if you want to go 4S, that will be even more fun, for a bigger area 4S and 6S are gonna be better for that. I drove my CXT in a big open field yesterday on 3S and it was a lot of power, but it did leave me just wanting a bit more speed, it certainly had the torque, so 4S and especially 6S will deliver that extra power. Oh, and since it was wet mud out here since it just rained, the tires did grab better than yesterday when it was just dry dust, and even on 3S it did want to pop wheelies, maybe with the extra air catch of the body, it would have gotten up there more. I didn't run with the body on when I was just driving it. Can't wait to get the wheelie bar next week that they're releasing. Overall a super fun truck. And yesterday when I was in the field there was this super tall grass, probably like 3 feet tall, I decided to drive the truck through it, at first I thought I was stuck, but then I gave it more throttle and it came right out the other side! I was driving through the tall grass several times. Such an awesome truck! Gonna get the X-Maxx body soon and then the Pro-Line Badlands for the X-Maxx. 8S Upgrade coming soon. I thought I had to buy an 8S motor, but it turns out the stock one can actually handle 8S. So, depending on how I like it, I may go for the Leopard 4282 later on. But, that's the plan currently. Hobbywing Max6, 2 4S Li-Pos, Traxxas TRX-4, then X-Maxx parts for my CXT.

8. Venturi XR

Venturi XR Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG] and I am going to do upgrade the front and rear skid plates and center skid plate also chassis brace and maybe the rear bulk heads if I have time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcnbenson, Dazed, sweet rc and 3 others like this.
  9. DodgeZippy

DodgeZippy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I'm only hearing great thing on trx4
    YouTube is slammed with trx4 vids
    I would buy as soon as they go on sale 1 was on ebay for $700 then some but I will give it a try

DodgeZippy & Black Diamond RC Ranch !!!

sweet rc, Little Rascle and K.C.'s RC like this.
  10. CalebTheRCguy

CalebTheRCguy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hey guys, how do I properly set the gear mesh for the pinion and spur gear?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Little Rascle and K.C.'s RC like this.
  11. Mark Liersch

Mark Liersch Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Some say you should be able to pass a dollar bill between the two gears without binding, or tearing the dollar bill. I have found that is just a hair too much. I prefer just a touch tighter mesh of the two gears. Haven't had an issue yet...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Little Rascle and K.C.'s RC like this.
  12. sweet rc

sweet rc Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Piece of TP, fold in half, then in half again (4 layers) and put it in between the two gears when you tighten the screw... So when you remove the TP there should be a pretty lose fit between the two

K.C.'s RC and Little Rascle like this.
  13. Mark Liersch

Mark Liersch Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Here's a pretty good shot of the Trail Frog from the weekend... Taking the pic was a learning experience...I made the mistake of laying down on my stomach on the moss to get the shot. Instant soaker. Was like laying down on a giant wet sponge...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

lout, K.C.'s RC, Burns412 and 5 others like this.
  14. Venturi XR

Venturi XR Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I am almost done with putting the E-Maxx back together and my front toe links are bit short, but I found my rear toe links and hopefully it fit will directly to the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

Why does this have to happen? I was for once finally enjoying myself with no RC downtime... except for battery charging, which will be solved once I get more batteries. Anyways, was charging my new 6S Li-Po, and the charger of course gets a bit warm, and the plastic power supply thing always gets hot. It wasn't included with the charger, so I had to buy it separately, and I've been using it for a while now, and I checked on my battery and the charger was off. I checked all the connections, etc, then felt the charger which was normal, then felt the power supply which was SUPER hot, like if it was any hotter, the plastic would have melted. So, now everything is on hault and dow. Ugh!! Since I've had it for a few months, I of course won't be abke to return it to the eBay seller, but what I will do is buy another one, return it(I will return this one), then get my money back and I'll be even and have a new working power supply!

16. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

Just entered for a chance to win a Traxxas TRX-4, and another giveaway, for a chance to win an X-Maxx. Hey, just because I bash the X-Maxx, doesn't mean I wouldn't accept one for free!! As always, probably not gonna win, but at least I know I entered, any don't have the question for the rest of my life "If I would have entered, would I have won?".

17. DodgeZippy

DodgeZippy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Where and how did you enter to win I'd love the new trx-4 ???

DodgeZippy & Black Diamond RC Ranch !!!

sweet rc, K.C.'s RC and Little Rascle like this.
  18. CalebTheRCguy

CalebTheRCguy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Where did you enter those giveaways?

19. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    yeah let us know! I really like the looks of that TRX4... especially the lockers and the 2-speed tranny out of the box.

20. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

Locked Up RC is doing a giveaway of the TRX-4, all you gotta do is just join the TRX-4 FB group. And there's a YT channel called Two Bros and a Sister doing an X-Maxx giveaway.