1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Last Person To Comment gets $20

Discussion in 'Contests' started by RCSparks, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Mark Liersch

Mark Liersch Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    And the dude that asks 250, is probably NOT making a rod from a high end blank... I used to be an avid (rabid, is more like it) fisherman, and had several custom rods, as well as too many store bought rods. I never quibbles about the price, because I knew I was getting what I paid for. In the late '80's, I paid 350 bucks for a custom made Muskie rod. Did not blink at the price, because I knew the work the gentleman put into his rods...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

K.C.'s RC and Little Rascle like this.
  2. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Someone asked if Id take $250 for the wraith is what he meant... I mean I know I'm not going to get all my money back but were talking about a less than 1 year old $400 RC w/ at least another $200 worth of aftermarket products on it, plus all the stock crap, PLUS a $50 brand new venom 2S lipo battery and charger... And I'm asking $300.... Hell of a deal in my opinion. And these nut sacks have the nerve to email me and ask if I'll take $150 for it.

sweet rc, K.C.'s RC, walter and 2 others like this.
  3. Mark Liersch

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ah...gotcha. Thought you were talking somebody low-balling you on your rods...

K.C.'s RC and Little Rascle like this.
  4. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

$300 is a very good price

5. sweet rc

sweet rc Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Like I said before, If I could I would buy it... But I'm low on $$$... I need a new computer before school starts (I've been using my bro's laptop) and I will need my own soon... I also would like to put a MMX in my slash, and so far I've got about $600 and I'm selling my crawler... Also getting $300 in a few weeks for taking car of a lady's dog over the summer... So I hope to have enough money for it all and extra left over... Because we all know how this hobby likes to eat our money ;)

6. Little Rascle

Little Rascle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Third run this summer, & I need to learn to drive an scx10 again.

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

Mark Liersch and K.C.'s RC like this.
  7. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Wife is working late... looks like the perfect afternoon to break out the wraith and do a little crawling.

8. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
  9. Mark Liersch

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Great time out in the Utopia Woods last night...we did a bunch of digging and chopping on a couple of trails, and finally got to open up the Stonebridge Trail. We didn't make it to the Six Turkey Trail, or the Lightning Strike, but they'll get done next weekend. Stonebridge Trail runs off the Crapper Trail, and comes out up top, at the base of the Edgewalk. Takes two guys about 45 minutes to an hour to run, has a lot of crazy off camber spots, and a bunch of fairly technical spots as well as a bit of meandering forest trail. The only two trails left to do, are fairly short trails, but still take time and care to get through. When all the trails are done, we start putting in bridges. Should be all done by 2049...lol

10. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

MORNING YA'll!!!!
    Whats been happening??????????????

walter and Little Rascle like this.
  11. Little Rascle

Little Rascle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Not a whole lot.

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

K.C.'s RC likes this.
  12. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

thats a little boring!!!!! HA HA!!!!

3 days of racing at the local track coming up!!! little bit excited!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!........... BUUUUT im the one running the computer for it.......... Lame, but someones gotta do it!

13. K.C.'s RC

K.C.'s RC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Finally got a new motor mount for my Slash 4x4. Also got my new 6S battery. Still gotta change the connector.

#24513 K.C.'s RC, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Greenie and Little Rascle like this.
  14. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

15. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

Well, Traxxas TRX-4, if I do decide to get one, won't be until later this year/early next year. Just bought an Arrma Nero Fazon!!! Super happy right now. Scored it for only a few dollars under $340! It's in pretty good overall condition, body is a little beat up, and it's got Pro-Line Trenchers that have plenty of tread left on them. I was planning on saving more and then making a decision, but I found this listing on eBay earlier today and it was ending a few hours later (just a few minutes ago), and it was only $300+ $31.90 for shipping. I bid $305 for it right when it was about to end and got it! Finally gonna have a Nero. And the one I really wanted too, the Fazon. Only issue is now I basically just bought another project vehicle lol. Want to do my CXT 8S, my Slash 4x4 OBA TSM MMX 6S build, and now I am gonna have this truck, I've already talked about the build I want to do when I get a Nero. After this I'm done buying vehicles for a while, gonna upgrade my battery/charger setup, then do my builds, then go back to buying vehicles.

DodgeZippy, walter and Little Rascle like this.
  16. Mark Liersch

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    But look what you're missin'...[​IMG]

17. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

Eh. It's cool and all, but as I've said, I think speed is more for me. I think I wanted one because of all the gimmicky features. Plus, I don't really exactly have a good place to run it, I have the woods a few hundred yards behind my house, and if have to go in and do a bunch of work and cleaning up to make a trail. I may still, and probably will get a TRX-4, but for now, I'm happy that I finally got one of the vehicles I wanted for a while, and for a really good price. And remember, if I get it and I don't like it, then I can always just put it back up on eBay and sell it to make even more money. It's a $650 truck, I paid under $340. It's in really good condition, of course got scratches on the skidplates underneath, and it's got Pro-Line Trenchers that have plenty of tread on them. I doubt I'd have a problem getting $500 for it.

Little Rascle likes this.
  18. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

By the way, how was it? You never gave us your "thoughts" on it, unless I missed it.

DodgeZippy and Little Rascle like this.
  19. K.C.'s RC

ELiTE MEMBER

I think it will be good to wait for the TRX-4. Yeah, there's stuff coming out for it, but there isn't a whole lot just yet.

Little Rascle likes this.
  20. Mark Liersch

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Gave a bit of a review. Really good rig. It has a 21 turn motor in it. Crap motor for trail, great motor for bashing. Swap it out for a 35 or 45 turn motor. In high gear with stock motor, you can wheelie. Goofy for a trail rig. Locking diffs are very cool, and work very well. Rig is fairly top heavy and kind of tippy, but that being said, it actually does quite well in off-camber situations. I would lose the aluminum links, and make my own from all-thread, brake line, and Revo rod ends. Two and a half times heavier than the aluminum links, plus the steel ones will slide better on the rocks. Tires work well on forest trails, as well as rock, but I'd swap them out too, as well as getting a heavier steel or aluminum set of rims, to further lower than CG. The battery mounts lengthwise in the center of the chassis, making for a well balanced truck. Add the very detailed body, and it's a really nice looking rig, that does amazingly well for a company's first effort at a trail rig...