1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AXIAL The Stocker

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by Cokedriver, Apr 27, 2015.

1. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    Ya same here I went from buggy racing 22 years ago to nothing at all then got back into it with the comp crawlers then scalers.
    Now I find myself doing on road carpet and back to buggies again lol.

No worries there anything I can do to help save someone some time and or cash is great.
    Nothing worse than spending time and money on parts that either don't work like you think they should or just are not worth it.
    Been wayyyy down that road myself.

Cokedriver likes this.
  2. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    Cokedriver likes this.
  3. Cokedriver

Cokedriver Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Well last Wednesday I was able to get all my linkage done (not completely yet just using polyurethane tubing for now till I can afford to get brake line tubing).

Also received some parts this last week which include my Y harness for my BEC to servo only and my 3rd channel switch to turn my leds on and off with my controller.

I will post up some pics today or tomorrow.

I'm also thinking I am going to take the 27t Axial motor out. Not sure if its just me but that thing seems to grind really load and keeps making me thing I have the pinion-spur to tight which I know I don't cause I always set them 50% to 75% tooth depth. for now I'll just throw the old motor I had in it before back in then maybe one day I'll purchase a high end motor.

Thanks for reading.

Coke

4. Cokedriver

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So here are some pictures:

The two new parts and the old motor I was using.
    [​IMG]

The On/Off switch for my LED's (the nice thing about this is it has one more connector so if I add spot lights to the roof rack it will turn them on and off also)
    [​IMG]

The Holmes Hobbie Y connector to connect my BEC straight o my servo to give it more voltage.
    [​IMG]

Over head view of everything installed (these 2 parts are pretty much hidden beings they are in the receiver box)
    [​IMG]

Some wireing pics:
    [​IMG]

As you can see in this one to get everything to fit I had to grind a slit in the receiver box to allow the rear LED light wire to come out the back side of the box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are picture of the links I made:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the part of the servo axle mount I had to cut off to be able to have a fluid 4 link up front.
    [​IMG]

As you can see in this picture the back end of the servo has no support but the mounting plate is still connect by 2 out of the 3 screws.
    [​IMG]

Well that's it for now, Thanks for stopping by and reading.
    Coke

5. Cokedriver

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I know its been a while since my last post but we just recently added 2 new members to our family and they have been time consuming which is expected with little ones.
    I would like to introduce you all to:
    Fred
    [​IMG]

and

Wilma
    [​IMG]

They are now 13 weeks old and boy are puppies a handful. This is our first time having young pups all of our other dogs we have had we have gotten 6 months or older so the whole "don't chew on those", "No No No you need to potty outside" and other great phrases from training puppies are now in effect.

So trailing and working on the Stocker has kinda come to a stop for a while, in a few weeks we will be heading over to the In-Laws house and I plan on bringing some of the rigs and maybe getting in some trailing time with photos.

I know this might be kind of odd but I feel bad when I have not posted things to the site in a while.

Well happy Trailing to you all and enjoy the summer I will post pics when I can.

Coke

lout and Antho11 like this.
  6. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Love the pups. They are georgeous. Hopefully they won't chew oho your truck!!! :Grin:

Cokedriver likes this.
  7. Cokedriver

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Well after work today starts my long needed 3 week vacation. So hopefully I'll be able to do some trailing and post some videos and pics, also I have a feeling my wife is going to get me a RTR Wraith Spawn.

Coke