1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The trade off- Mah vs Volts?

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by Danimacl, May 13, 2012.

1. Danimacl

Danimacl New Member

I'm picking up a new battery soon -the 7.2 2000m nmhd just has to go lol- and have been contemplating should I get a battery with much higher voltage like 11v for quicker bursts or a battery with more Mah like 6000 for sustaining higher throttle? I'm pretty sure my ESC is pretty garbage since the car is like a 5 year old AE b4 RTR.... anyways thanks guys haha

2. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ok the voltage and the mAh are to different things.
    The mAh is like the batteries gas tank the bigger the number the longer the run times.
    As far as volts go you can't just throw 11v into anything, it may only be designed for a 7.4v battery.

An E Revo brushless can handle up to like 25v, but an Axial scx10 with the AE2 can only take around 7.4v.
    You put 11v in something designed for 7.4v and you will have a little portable welder.

3. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

You may let the smoke out and once its out you can't put it back in.

4. Danimacl

Danimacl New Member

Haha yah, was just curious to see if it could be done. Maybe I should just stick with like a 6000 mah, although the ESC and motor are a POS anyways and frying them would be a good excuse for an upgrade. >:). For now I will take it one step at a time. Thanks for all the help man.
    Kind Regards -
    Dan M.