1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thoughts for a 67-72 chevy truck road race truck?

Discussion in 'ON Road Build Projects' started by 68camaro, Jun 26, 2015.

1. 68camaro

68camaro Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

hey guys, soooooo, been out of the hobby for a little (got stale) and im thinking ( never a good idea lmao), im a huge chevy truck fan as you know. I just saw the new vaterra 68 ford truck, gave me a idea. Solid rear axle off of a scx10, independent front suspension, brushesss 2wd beast. Here is the thing, should I bother with rear suspension? The way I look at is, this thing is on-road. Now on dirt its a big thing to get more traction( because its hugging the ground) but on road has a lot of traction. Is it worth it? ill take other suggestions also. Gonna get a exo yeti front diff so it can steer better . Thanks, Nick

lout likes this.
  2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Don't know much about on road cars but for sure following this build!

3. GENERAL DISASTER

GENERAL DISASTER Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would look into some sort of way to absorb bumps. The RC road cars i have seen have short throw shocks and springs. In my opinion if it were a build of mine and those were my questions i would look at thicker shock oil and only 1 hole on the inside damper. I am not sure but i wouldnt want a solid rear end if i was wanting any kind of performance on the street . Especially if you are going to have all that power going to the rear axil .......

It has been a long time since i have done a build so i may be wrong .................

#3 GENERAL DISASTER, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Antho11 likes this.
  4. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I like the idea of a solid axle for on road ... But re you going to stay with the locked diff?

I would however put some sort of suspension in the rear as there is always imperfections in the rod to deal with

5. rcnut'14

rcnut'14 certified rc addict
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I agree, I would just go on ebay and find some onroad shocks. you could even add leaf springs for realism if you wanted.

6. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yup on road shocks . or stiff springs on a set u have. Also a sway bar setup will aid for handling . and foam wheels are the best handling for dry pavement.. If u prefer rubber tires for scale looks. Check out prolines newer tires that have pro foam and a ribbing that acts like belting. Or do the duct tape belting trick