1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titan 12T Alternatives

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Aidan Hecker, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Aidan Hecker

Aidan Hecker Member

Media:
    Hello, I am not sure what to put in my stampede, as my second titan just burned out after less then 20 hours, I would like to have waterproof, as I enjoy driving in snow. I have a XL-5 ESC And A 2s Lipo. I am willing to spend a good amount of money if it is really worth it. Thanks, Aidan :)

#1 Aidan Hecker, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Monkeypiarat likes this.
  2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    You can run pretty much any brushed motor 12T and up. the higher the turn "T" the less top end speed you will have but more torque. have you tried cleaning your motor? pull it out and run it in a glass of water. change the water then do it again. till the water stays pretty clean. the dab some oil on the bushings at the shaft. it will probably come back to life. unless its completely worn out. if you look inside you should be able to see two pads on some copper spring tabs. if it wont even run try flicking them with a tooth pick a few times to knock the carbon off them.

the Dynamite Rc 15t Brushed 540 Motor is a decent cheap motor. commonly about $15
    no need to spend a ton. if you want better than the stock titan you pretty much need to go brushless.

sweet rc and Monkeypiarat like this.
  3. Monkeypiarat

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

I am wandering while you thinking about the excellent advice given...
    if there is a reason that the motor only lasted less than 20 hours ?
    is there something that is causing the motor to go out like that ...
    does the motor smell burned or dose it simply go out with out any apparent cause ..
    you need to think about if your driving style is a factor combined with a physical problem ..
    I guess what I am getting at is an attempt to prevent another motor lasting less than 20 hours..
    just my opinion ... if the titan 12T did not last even twenty hours there is cause to investigate..
    the prevention of burning an other motor ....
    when you move into the arena of the motor not being the weak link ... the weak spot moves to the next weakest component ... and sometimes when you upgrade to a brushless system ...
    the weak link becomes the suspension or other component that needs upgrading to handle the
    new found power.....
    while the Titan 12T motors are known to not last for ever ...
    it is reasonable to expect much more than 20 hours....
    unless your driving style says .... it just is not going to happen...:)

4. buttm0nk3y

buttm0nk3y Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Keeping in with what the other monkey is saying.. Also see if the new motor runs hot after a couple minutes of driving. Have you changed your pinion or spur gears? Is something binding up in the driveline?

I have 2 on-road cars with the Dynamite 15t motors and an EMaxx with the twin Titan 12t setup, I haven't had problems with either.

Monkeypiarat likes this.