1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

todays stupid question

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by JohneyRico, Sep 27, 2011.

1. JohneyRico

JohneyRico New Member

lol hiya guys its me again
    with todays stupid question

so who's up for it

ok here go's with my belt cpx iv had a few flights and crash's
    most the time when iv crashed its damaged only 1 blade (that i can see anyway)
    my question is if a blade has been in a crash but still looks ok and balances up ok
    can i use it again?

(yes i know blades are cheep but im a tight ass lol)
    thanks guys

#1 JohneyRico, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

There's no stupid questions, only stupid times to ask a question. This is not the case.

That's a pretty good question actually and the short answer would be maybe. The CP helis have a slower head speed then larger helis which would prevent the blades from flying apart, but that's not to say it isn't possible. I generally live by the rule that blades are a one crash deal, especially considering blades for that thing are so cheap you really should just buy a bundle of them.

Other things you should look at with crashes that don't seem so bad would be the main rotor shaft and the feathering shaft. If your blades are striking then odds are you also bent one if not both of those. It's very important that those shafts are straight because excess vibration there can cause far worse outcomes, like blade ejections, or head explosions. Be mindful that helis need a lot of love in order to fly and need to be checked over all the time, crash or not, especially after even a small crash.

#2 RobscoRC, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. JohneyRico

JohneyRico New Member

hey thanks for the reply, yeah iv got a small stock of blades
    just wondering if i could take some of the survivors to make more lol
    but for now i think ill just get new ones, last thing i need is a blade in the side of the head

as for the other stuff so far iv been lucky only bent 1 feathering shaft

4. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Awesome! Good luck with your helicopter endeavor. They can be pretty tricky but once your good enough to truly enjoy them it makes it worth every crash. You'll be wanting to get into something larger in time. The best helis are the larger ones because there far more stable. I currently have a Trex 500 and the difference from that to my Trex 450 was huge. The 450 was scary to fly, the 500 is gentle. Have fun!