1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trail Finder 2 driveshaft replacement

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by DionJay, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DionJay

DionJay The Engineer/Fabricator
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hello everyone, I purchased a trail finder 2 and upon building it I broke the set screw on th rear driveshaft ( I am a dummy ) any way I need to replace the knuckle. Does anyone know where I can get replacement driveshafts or upgraded ones?

2. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Your best bet will be - Punisher Shaft
    They make the Trailfinder so you may find a replacement part.

3. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Send RC4WD an e-mail and I'm quite sure they will replace your broken plastic shafts with plastic shafts...lol... You want (100-130mm) 5mm... The G Mades are (95-130mm) 5mm...

I actually bought the JunFac shafts (Gmade Hardened Universal Shaft) for my daughters TF2... Just my preference over the Punisher shafts because of the over all design and price of them... Plus you get a set of two where as the actual punisher shafts you only get one per package... Punisher Shaft Sorry for doubling the link...lol...

Also if I am not mistaken the MIP shafts for the SCX10 will fit as well, double check and make sure first if you decide to go this route...

Dean

#3 RustyWrench, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. ipoodftw

ipoodftw New Member

Sorry to hear about the break. I have used both punisher and junfac on my TF, even the MIP and they all work great. My personal preference are the JunFacs. Rock solid durability, and they also have the thinest profile of them all. This feature helps me out particularly with my scx10s, but is noticeable on the TF as well. Hope this helps. Happy trailing.

5. DionJay

DionJay The Engineer/Fabricator
    ELiTE MEMBER

I forgot I started this thread lol. Well I did replace the driveshafts and went with the junfac. They are awesome and hold up well.