1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transmitter and reciever question

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by darkside0914, May 10, 2013.

1. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    i fried my reciever in my maxstone10 and was wondering if i just got a reciever and transmitter set (there`s a number of them on ebay for sale) like from a traxxis will this work in my rig or would it be better to pick up a seperate receiver and use my stock controller im hoping to keep the price of this low as im on a tight budget any help would be appreciated

2. memphis m3z

memphis m3z Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Any matching transmitter and receiver will work as long as you have the needed amount of channels. If you have the money to spare I suggest a higher quality transmitter and receiver like a spektrum or futaba set.

3. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Not sure if your Maxstone10 uses a 2-channel or what.
    BUT if its only 2-channel then a Flysky GT-2B would be a cheap alternative.. I use one with my SCX10 and its been incredible value for money ..
    [​IMG]

4. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    Your Maxstone 10 uses a 2 channel 2.4 ghz system. I would recommend picking up the FlySky GT3B. It is around 50 bucks and is an excellent system. It will hold up to 8 different models in its memory so all you need after that for other vehicles is the 7 dollar receiver and you can use the same transmitter for them all.

The GT3B can also be hacked into an 8 channel system with a ton of other options normally found in the very high end radios.

Best radio I have ever owned.

5. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    ive been hearing alot of talk about the flysky gt3b and it really seems like a good system. thanks for the suggestions, a lot of people on here have helped me with answers to my questions as iv built this rig,im sorry to say im hopeless when it comes to electronics, the mechanics i can do just fine. if anyone wants to see the actual rig im working on i do have a thread titled my 6x6 project in the scale build projects section, maybe i can get some body suggestions too.

#5 darkside0914, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  6. ScaleBasher

ScaleBasher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I really would suggest getting the Fly Sky FS GT3B great radio and has a 10 model memory! extra receivers are a mere $8! I have one and love it!

7. Barberbobby

Barberbobby New Member

What rx do I need with a Futaba 6EX 2.4ghz Fasst computerized RC airplane/helicopter radio?

8. Joker777

Joker777 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Go for the flysky its brilliant. Not just brilliant for the money but brilliant full stop.