1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traxxas Brushless motor rotor came apart.

Discussion in 'ESC's, Wiring & Batteries' started by War34, Jan 20, 2018.

1. War34

War34 New Member

I have a 2200kv motor out of a Brushless e Revo and the rotor came apart inside the motor. I got it apart and was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen and been able to fix the rotor.

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I would try to contact Traxxas and see if it’s covered under warranty. I’ve had good experience with them.

3. War34

War34 New Member

It's about 3 years old not sure if it would still be under warranty but I will give it a try thanks.

4. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I've had that happen to me before on one of our Short Course Race Trucks. I used CA glue to get me through the day. Then I ordered a new rotor from my LHS and replaced it.

I would not recommend re gluing the rotor, unless your willing to possible cook the thing beyond repair. I only did it because I'm running a points series and DNF's hurt the run for the Championship.

You could contact Traxxas, like already mentioned. I would just buy a rotor and a rebuild kit since your in there already. Hope that helps a little.

Dean

5. War34

War34 New Member

They discontinued the rotor replacement kit. I'm gonna glue it, wrap it with nylon thread, then glue the thread to the rotor and hope it lasts long enough so I can order a new motor. Thanks for the help. If it holds up for a long time I will post about it and let everyone know