1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traxxas Slash 2wd Stock Titan 12T Motor Bad?

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by Mitch440, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Mitch440

Mitch440 New Member

-I got my new 2wd slash and its a blast but a couple of weeks later everything still works but it will not go as fast, the motor get hot really fast, the motor smells bad, it will make weird noises forward and revers, and it doesn't back up that well anymore, do you guys think its just a bad motor because I read some where the Titan 12T is not the best reliability.
    -Thank you to everyone that has any information.

2. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    most likely, yes, the motor is going/gone bad. you can try cleaning it with some motor cleaner and oiling the bushings on either end, I use oil meant for fishing reels, but it would probably need to be replaced soon anyway.

3. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    The 12t is okay so long as you don't let it get hot (or dirty!). They hate getting hot and the brushes will burn up like no ones business. Carby cleaner will keep it going a little longer but your going to be up for a new motor soon.

4. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    yup agreed. sounds like its just worn out. or dirty. you can try cleaning it. easy way is to pull out the motor and run it in a clean glass of water. take a look at the brushes. if the pads on them are worn out its the end of the motor. the heat and smell you describe sound to me like it just needs cleaning. its arcing and burning because its not getting a good connection on the motors comm.

Facerolla likes this.
  5. monster1331

monster1331 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

They are easily changed out and you can get them pretty cheap on ebay from people who take them out of new trucks my kids and I like playing hard & ruff with them they take a good beating some spare parts is always good even motors

6. Mitch440

Mitch440 New Member

Alright thank you everyone that help, all information it helpful. I will try the ideas. :)

7. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

after you pull the motor check the drive train for binding . if something is bent or broke causing binding it will cause all of your issuies as well

8. Mitch440

Mitch440 New Member

Alright thx.