1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traxxas Slash 2wd using HPI Flux 5700kv BL System on 2s????

Discussion in 'Race - Electronics' started by SamuelFletcher, Nov 16, 2012.

1. SamuelFletcher

SamuelFletcher New Member

Hi guys ,

As title says , can i use that system in my slash and what gearing would be best for all rounf on /off road bashing . also what discharge rate lipos are best for bashing 30-40c?

Thanks

2. jenkins23

jenkins23 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

You can defiantly use that system, it's just going to hurt more when you hit something. The higher the kv the more top speed you will get. There isn't much difference in torque with a 3000kv and a 6000kv just way more top speed. And you can use a 30, 40, or 50 c lipo that size motor can take it especially if its a 2 cell lipo. When you start using 3 cell and 4 cell or higher cell lipos that's when you start frying esc's. hope this helps

3. Megatoys

Megatoys Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I think that it would work, but u won't have verry much "bottom end" I also think the motor will get hot verry quickly

4. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

running that you will have to learn to slow down before any turns though tried a 5.5T 4pole leapord in mine had to wind it up slow to keep it from flipping over gave up after it barrle rolled side ways 80ft down the street ....was running 90T spur and a 19T pinion with 20c 2S sky lipo