1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traxxas Slash 4x4

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by RcBrothers, Jul 29, 2014.

1. RcBrothers

RcBrothers New Member

Hello everyone I Am going to buy Traxxas Slash 4x4 platinum, I allready own traxxas LIpo battery 5000mah 3s 11.1 V I want to reach max speed so what parts i must add on car or change for best results I Want reach over 60-70MPH,also I own traxxas TQI transmitter 4 ch and receiver 5 ch,I Want to add Telemetry on my car so What parts I need? I Have Iphone 5S
    Thanks.Sorry for my bad English

Facerolla likes this.
  2. LPRC

LPRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Just the stuff you already have and maybe drive shafts not sure if the ones on the platinum are any good and better tires for what your driving on

If you don't have it the piece that connects from iPhone 5s to apples old connector u can probs get one on eBay

Your English is great btw

#2 LPRC, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  3. RcBrothers

RcBrothers New Member

Hello Again Can Anyone Give My advice what I must change on my traxxas slash 4x4 platinum ( stock) to reach max speed 60 MPH as traxxas website says it need 19/54 and 3s lipo 11.1V 5000mah,I Dont Know What 19/54 mean so anyone can explain me that? I allready own that lipo and this
    [​IMG]
    So What I Need other To Reach That Speed?
    Thanks.

4. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

19/54 is a 19 tooth pinion gear and a 54 tooth spur gear

5. RcBrothers

RcBrothers New Member

Thanks for response,Which tooth spur gear come traxxas?

6. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I do not know what it comes with

7. chetmotox

chetmotox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Stock gearing on a 4x4 Traxxas Slash is 13/54 so a 13 Tooth Pinion, and 54 Tooth Spur. So to get the +60mph, you need to go to a 19 Tooth Pinion. Just my opinion though, try it stock first because it still is super fast with a 3S lipo and stock gearing.

Where I run mine, I actually can't go faster than what I am at (18/51) because it starts floating too much and will flip on the smallest bumps.

I would also like to note that I know the Slash Platinum comes with an 18T pinion as well in the box but I don't know about the others. I am running the 18 Tooth Pinion with a Robinson Racing 51 Tooth Spur. So mine is actually a touch faster than the 19/54.

#7 chetmotox, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  8. RcBrothers

RcBrothers New Member

Thanks So much for information
    when i was using my tqi transmitter on my axial dingo i make this mod http://www.rcsparks.com/forum/gener...s-tqi-4-channel-transmitter-mod-tutorial.html so will i have any problems in future use that transmitter with traxxas slash?

#8 RcBrothers, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  9. chetmotox

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I don't think so but I'm not using a TQi transmitter. I don't see how it would effect anything though.

10. RcBrothers

RcBrothers New Member

Okey as I said i own lipo when i got it about 7-8 months ago i unboxed it i saw how it look and take back to package becouse i didnot needed it at that time so i have never used it.can anyone tell me will it have problems becouse its in storage in my home 7-8 months allready.

11. chetmotox

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Shouldn't have any problems at all. I would throw it on a charger before hand and you should be good to go man! Mine usually sit for a few months during winter and they all work fine after a quick recharge in the spring.

12. RcBrothers

RcBrothers New Member

edited
    ------------

#12 RcBrothers, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014