1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traxxas X-MAXX!

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC' started by ItsTricky, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ItsTricky

ItsTricky New Member

Traxxas recently announced the massive X-MAXX! Seems like no one was expecting this at all.

Looks like one awesome monster truck! It's just shy of 30 inches in length, which should make it pretty close to 5th scale, right? Lots of hype around it.. I hope this kick starts the revival of large scale trucks!

I REALLY want an octane version.. Electric just really isn't my thing so I'm probably going to pass on it. Still, I hope it sells well. If they eventually come out with a gasoline version I'd throw my money at them. Hard.

Source: https://traxxas.com/products/landing/X-Maxx/

2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    yup i want one

3. rcnut'14

rcnut'14 certified rc addict
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    unfortuantly, traxxas doesn't seem to like gasoline....they made one years ago and it didn't sell well.....they cater more to noobs then 5th scalers and experienced hobbyists imo.

but yea, the truck looks great. I saw it a few days ago( not in person). it's about the size of a losi 5t, minus the sc bumpers. so yea, its a 5th scale( although traxxas will probably call it an 1/10 or 1/8 scale lol)

4. ItsTricky

ItsTricky New Member

Yeah I definitely have always gotten a "nooby" vibe from them. Which is why I'm surprised they'd be the ones to go crazy with a 5th scale MT. Part of me REALLY wants it simply because its the only decent 5th scale MT with ground clearance.. And I've been craving one. This is the size I had hoped the HPI Octane would've been. But it will probably feel life-less like every other electric I've driven. I'm just a gasser/nitro guy at heart I guess, so I don't know. This hobby is teaching me that I'm bad at making decisions lol

Antho11 likes this.
  5. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    It has many cool features but one of them that I think is completely useless and bad for the vehicle is the self righting. After a while it will take a load on the drivetrain the forward to instant reverse, it's the key to worn out gears. I'm looking forward to seeing how the no body clips holds up, it's a great idea!

6. taytay22

taytay22 New Member

I might just not use self righting if I end up getting one honestly

7. rcnut'14

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    guys have been doing it that way since 6s brushless came out. as long as you don't do It constantly, the driveline should be fine.

8. ProWrench

ProWrench New Member

I'll be using the self righting feature when I get mine (it's already ordered) if it rolls in rough terrain unless I have someone to right it for me as I'm unable, so I hope it doesn't cause a problem. The gears are all much beefier than their E-Revo or Summit, they show a comparison in the video.

Fuglio likes this.
  9. ajdenning22

ajdenning22 Member

i have never been much for monster trucks but this one looks freaking amazing.

10. ajdenning22

ajdenning22 Member

dont know if you guys saw this yet but here's a video of the XMAXX

11. Fuglio

Fuglio Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The self righting is more than a party trick. Not everyone is able to get up and move so easily.

ajdenning22 likes this.
  12. ajdenning22

ajdenning22 Member

true i think it will be an awesome thing to have for people who are unable to get out there and flip over there cars themselves.

13. rcnut'14

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    A guy on urc forums has had his for awhile now. Its been doing good.

So far ive seen 2 cracked a arms, and a shot diff on youtube. I personally wouldnt use the selfrighting feature, as it will likely stress the drivline.

14. Daro

Daro New Member

I have had an XMaxx for 2 weeks - so far so good. (No breakage.. some shock oil leakage.. but nothing major - but thats it)

Loved the truck so far.. and been somewhat rough on it..
    Would recommend getting over E-Maxx (and i like my E-Maxx alot)