1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRX 4 BEC

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by Cameron_Meinema, May 7, 2019.

1. Cameron_Meinema

Cameron_Meinema New Member

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. Need some help! I have a Trx 4 and I put in a power HD 25kg steering servo but I’m also running a RC4wd warm winch and winch receiver. I have a 10 amp castle BEC that I wired in from the battery to the receiver, and disconnected the main power from the built in BEC in the ESC. My winch receiver is powered from the main receiver and so is everything else. I’m going to be adding lights to the truck soon but I need to know if I wired it correctly? Thanks!

2. summitnut

summitnut Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Yes that will be fine,unless you (want or is capable of)to feed the servo 7.4v.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

3. Cameron_Meinema

How would I wire it in for the 7.4v ?

4. summitnut

summitnut Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    If it was not for the winch maybe pulling more amps than the internal bec.you would power servo directly from bec and just pull signal from the rx.one wire from rx to servo.the rest of the truck would be powered Normally.You would need to make or buy a bypass harness.
    If you are happy with the steering torque you have now I would leave it the way it is.less complicated so to speak.the harness is easy to make harder to explain it.in basic terms it sends its power directly to the servo bypassing the rx just getting the signal from the rx telling it what to do and when to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5. Cameron_Meinema

Yes I’m please with the torque of the servo for sure so I think I’m going to leave it for a while, thank you so much for your help!

summitnut likes this.