1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRX 4 body options

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by Rut Nasty, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rut Nasty

Rut Nasty Member

Media:
    Hey guys!
    Anyway, I’m trying to get my truck scaled up for some winter competition this year. I’ve never really bothered with interior other than on my TF2 and that was basically all Mojave body specific stuff.

The question I’m looking to answer is what kind of home made or purchased interiors have you guys bought or made for Lexan bodies? I have only found two hard bodies I like(rubicon with a roll cage and lc70 body) and I just refuse to deck out a LC70 and beat it up playing around. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. Yes I know threads have probably been made to this inquiry before. Lexan bodies I’m digging are the SR5 and the XJ Cherokee. I’ve also considered Vaterra’s Ford body and a custom tube bed.
    I have links for a 12.3”wb, don’t really want to get much shorter than that. Just need help getting creative. Thanks again and appreciate all your input.

Thank you.

2. jokersinsanity

jokersinsanity Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Best hardbodies are kids toy grade remote controls. Hard part is finding the proper wheelbase. Yardsales, used stores, you can prettymuch find them anywhere and for cheap sometime. Usually takes alittle modifying but some look pretty scale and theres even more of a variety

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk

3. Rut Nasty

Rut Nasty Member

Media:
    Right on. I have been keeping an eye out for bodies like New Brights and other types like those. Every garage sale in town I have scoured lol. Mostly just wanting a decent body(hard would be best) that I can piece together an interior for. Kinda leaning toward the pro line Sr5 because shapeways has A ton of stuff. Long as I can mock up a floor pan. I’m still getting around to that.

walter likes this.
  4. Benedikt Bj. Kristjánsson

Media:
    Try to get your hands on some scrap aluminium or sheet metal and just start drilling, bending and messing a bit up, that's how I did the floor pan in my TF2
    [​IMG]
    With just basic tools, wise, hammer, drill, etc, I managed to make a cover that fit between the frame rails and bent some in an angle to go out to the sides, which also acts as a body mount.

Although I'm unfamiliar with the TRX4 I'm sure something similar can be made...

Rut Nasty and walter like this.
  5. Rut Nasty

Rut Nasty Member

Media:
    I like that bud. I too have messed about with sheet metal for floor pans. Mostly on my TF2 as well. The TRX has a mess of electronics under the hood. I spent all day today fooling around and finally got done to find that my esc and reciever box stock out so far that all my work looks like hell. But it’s a start. I have to bend up some sheet metal to re arrange the esc and reciever box, then buy spools so I can get rid of my locker servos. I’d rather run with my axles locked full time and it’ll relinquish some clutter. Thank you for your input, I do appreciate you helping out and keeping the ideas flowing. Sometimes you need to see other folks creativity to find some of your own again.

6. Benedikt Bj. Kristjánsson

Media:
    "Betur sjá Augu en auga" eyes see better than an eye. An old Icelandic sayin which basically means to get a fresh look from a new angle or person.

Now I'm just looking at pictures of a stock trx4 but what about relocating the servos? Are the cables flexible and long enough for that? Make some custom mounts maybe next to the steering servo and between the frame rails behind the rear axle?
    I love the idea of lockable axles and hate so see them just locked up like normal axles.

Rut Nasty likes this.
  7. Rut Nasty

Rut Nasty Member

Media:
    I too like the lockable axles, but sadly, no. The cables are fairly short. I too have been trying to see if there is a better location for them. I might have a solution once I re-mount my battery tray. Bought smaller batteries for a smaller space. I’ll bend up a piece of sheet metal and lower it down, and may be able to move the servos over about an inch.
    I appreciate the quote. It deff. Gives good perspective into what I’m trying to accomplish!

8. Benedikt Bj. Kristjánsson

Media:
    How about making new longer cables, is that a possibility? I know it's possible to get thin bicycle cable (4mm OD), it's just a question about the ends. I've been drawn towards that idea for the gearbox servo so I can move it out of the cab

Rut Nasty likes this.
  9. Rut Nasty

Rut Nasty Member

Media:
    Ah that’s a good idea. I didn’t think about a brake cable for a bike. The cable end might be the tough part for sure. But I bet it can be done. I’d have to look around for things I could use for that. Right now I’m working on bending up new sheet metal for the rock rails to try and mount things more toward the center of the truck. Once I finish my truggy cage I can add a tool box for the reciever and esc. Love the trx setup. Hate all the electronics lol.

10. Benedikt Bj. Kristjánsson

Media:
    The electronics can be easy, easier to relocate than servos. With a little bit of soldering you can adjust the length of the wires to whatever you want, I put the esc up front while the receiver is in the fuel tank which is now just behind the rear bumper

11. Rut Nasty

Rut Nasty Member

Media:
    I was also referring to the servos as part of the electronics. They are just not in good locations. I’ll be working on something after this next week. Can’t really afford to tear my truck down right now with events coming up next weekend and the weekend after.

12. Benedikt Bj. Kristjánsson

Media:
    In that case the smart thing to do is to wait.
    I always put servos in the same group as mechanics since their mounting position is limited, but that's just me

Sent from my K10000 Pro using Tapatalk

Rut Nasty likes this.