1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanquish SCX10 woes

Discussion in 'Crawler Build Projects' started by Seamus_RBNW, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    My Comp Rig, Gremlin:

[​IMG]
    I have been using the chubs, knuckles and steering links from Integy for nearly 5 years... the problem was that I am abusive to my RCs and I ovaled the holes for mounting the knuckles to the chubs.... Obviously, since this is my comp rig, this has to be fixed... Enter Vanquish Stage 1 kit and steering links... The fine print on the Vanquish kit says it may not work with all wheel/ tire combos.... mine was one of those...
    :indifferent:
    I picked up some axle extensions from Hot Racing; 15mm.... These seem to be ok, but the extenders throw me for a loop, I have become used to very narrow axles, now I feel like they are huge... also, the steering angles change drastically when you add the extensions as the pivot point is no longer the same...

Do any of you have experience with extended axles and how much impact they have on steering geometry?

jokersinsanity likes this.
  2. jokersinsanity

jokersinsanity Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ive had the same issue with axial hubs and knuckles they all wear out with time i decided to go with hubs instead of wheel extenders. Seems to work better and wont give ur wheels that cambered look

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk

3. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what you mean, I had all alloy axle outers that got beat beyond the point of use any longer, I replaced them with vanquish already (knuckles, c-hubs and lockouts,) because of excessive wear...I never had a camber to my wheels, they flopped because the mounting holes were oval...

I had to go with the extensions.... none of my wheels fit on the knuckles from Vanquish, I already have the new Vanquish installed... I have some modified stock beadlocks that may fit, but then I lose the performance of my steel wheels.... I am kinda pissed because the extenders are forcing my servo to work harder and now I have to replace the servo... I found out what I wanted to know... The answer is a lot of impact, the extensions alter the steering a great deal and instead of turning on a pivot, the tires roll around it... Even with the Vanquish zero ackerman increased steering, I have to make larger turns because of the way the wheels react to steering with the extensions... I don't know if this is the only factor that led to the death of my servo, but I had zero issues with it until these extensions were installed.....

AAAAaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

It doesn't help being fairly ocd and having my RCs is the main place I can let it out.... Drives me crazy when something doesn't work right for me... At least I know that the time until late July when I go to the Rudeboyz TTC will be full... I have 2 rigs for the comp and a couple high speed bashers... My annual pilgrimage is gonna be great!!

:aceofaxe:

walter likes this.