1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vaterra v100 series chassis

Discussion in 'The PIT - Racing Tech Talk' started by 68camaro, Aug 14, 2014.

1. 68camaro

68camaro Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hello all, I've been thinking of getting back into drifting, I kinda wanted to come back from my roots (tt-01) . By that I mean tub chassis. So I was looking at the vaterra nissan s15. I want something that I can race drift , etc. so my question to you Guys is , do you guys have any complaints about the chassis ?

Thanks

Nick

2. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

no idea!!!
    :secret laugh:

I'm sure some of the race spec drifter will pop in soon enough with some info.
    I've only ever had a HPI Sprint 2, so I cant comment of the Vaterra chassis

don't a heap of the race spec guys run the Tamiya chassis's?????

3. 68camaro

ELiTE MEMBER

Yea, except you can't get very much steering angle , and it's very hard to start a drift with them and can't hold a drift very well, atleast for me

4. 68camaro

ELiTE MEMBER

no one owns one of these?

5. Kavsta

Kavsta New Member

Hi,
    I have a Vaterra V100 chassis. I bought the 69 RS Camaro (Brushed) car and also the Nissan GTR GT3 body. The GTR is the only body with light buckets. Shame the others don't have them too! The GT3's front spoiler and rear diffuser are great for taking impacts to avoid damaging the bodies. You can buy the spoiler and diffuser separately too, without the body.
    Drifting: Yes, that's all I do with my Vaterra. I have a local outdoor track 5mins from where I live, with an Asphalt surface. I run hard drift tyres on 26mm rims. Often buying 3-6mm offset tyres for the front and 9mm offset tyres for the rear. Hobbyking have some great rims like this. www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_45561_1_10_Rally Wheel_6_Spoke_Neon_Green_9mm_Offset_.html
    Performance: The Vaterra does not have the steering angle of cars like the Sakura, but I still find it is definately enough for me! I estimate it's about a 45deg angle, maybe a bit more? You could also consider putting on 3x21mm turnbuckles and Vaterra Toe Rod ends to give yourself some Toe adjustment. I'm about to try this after owning my car for the last 2 years. There's lots of Aluminium upgrades available and I have them all. Have a look on the www.amain.com website. Also www.asiatees.com have some GPM Aluminium Racing Arms. Although no stock for the lower front arm at the moment. For Racing I guess you'll want them too, though I'm just into it for the fun and to zone out for a while on the local track.
    Power: I only run NIMH on my car, since I'm just out having fun and the aim is controlled drifting and not to be a speed demon. I get about 25mins drifting run time with a 5000mAh. For racing, go LIPO of course. The cars ESC is setup for either.
    Overall, I think the Vaterra car is awesome and with some tweaking you'll have a really great drift car!
    Good luck with your choice of drifter and have fun!