1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venom Batteries - Are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Bashing Chat' started by Bigjon3o5, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Bigjon3o5

Bigjon3o5 New Member

Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a LiPO battery from Venom. Are they any good? I've found reviews on them and they all say that they're good but they all seemed a little bit biased because they reviewed the batteries that were given to them for reviewing from the Venom company.

So do you guys think they are any good? :)

2. Guam_RC

Guam_RC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

If money wasn't an issue, I would go with Max Amps. There are other brands that are as good as Max Amps and are cheaper in price.

3. hasek1616

hasek1616 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i haven't ever used one personally, but anyone i've ever talked to that has owned one hasn't liked them. i'd say take a look at turnigy and zippy packs at hobbyking.com i've also heard the gens ace packs are also pretty cheap and good

4. Bigjon3o5

Bigjon3o5 New Member

Yeah alright, I was looking at the Maxamps lipos and I've heard nothing but good things about them but they are the most expensive i've come across. I'll check out hobbyking.com and se what they have there, thanks!

5. MCPSoundMan

MCPSoundMan New Member

I had 2 of the green 2s 7.4vdc 5000mah 20c batt's each dropped a cell after 8 to 10 runs and at 49.99 each no I would save your money

6. Bigjon3o5

Bigjon3o5 New Member

Yeah, I've been looking at reviews for the Gens Ace 5000MaH 2s LiPo and it seems like a decent battery so I'm probably going to go with it.

7. TmaxxCrazy33

TmaxxCrazy33 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i have 4 bought them 3 years ago and they just die here 4months ago.:( but bright side is i get to go lipo now :)

8. nicholas2090

nicholas2090 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

venom lipos are good for the money i wold go with zippy batterys from hobbyking there chep and good but venom lipos are good

9. Bigjon3o5

Bigjon3o5 New Member

I've heard they puff lots then quit after a few runs. Are the Venom NiMH batteries better quality?

10. PaulSusbauer

PaulSusbauer New Member

Hey Guys,
    Paul from Venom here.

As a reminder, Venom has one of the best warranty policies in the industry. We offer a Lifetime replacement plan on all of our batteries. For the first year, we'll replace the pack at no charge, after that, a 30% discount for the life of the battery. You must present your receipt for any warranty claims. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Paul Susbauer
    Product Manager
    Venom Group International

11. clivewr

clivewr New Member

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Tried a set of 2 x 2s 5000mah 25c in my savage flux cooked them after about 2 mins. no full power runs, no back flips just a little bit of hooning around and they puffed on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. PaulSusbauer

PaulSusbauer New Member

Clive,
    Please note, the Savage Flux is recommended to use 25C Minimum. A vehicle like that should be using a 30-40C setup at least.

What did you do to break in the battery?

--Paul Susbauer
    Venom Group International

13. bajaboy5b

bajaboy5b New Member

I have 6 hard cases and they have lasted me about 2 years they work but the cases crack like glass been hit by a baseball bat,save your cash and get some max amps batts.

Jeremy.

14. clivewr

clivewr New Member

paul the speedo limits at 120amps need i say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. TracaR

TracaR MASTER BUiLDER

i got a question for you paul of venom.
    i have here 4 @ 6400mah lipo batterys from your fine company that i use only in my trail truck (scx10). i bought back a few months ago, now i have only used 2 of them to date , and the other 2 were still in their boxes keep in mind i have sauderd deans ends to them and had them waterproofed . as they are meant to be a back up if things were to go a-rye . now at this point in time all ( 4 ) of the batterys are puffing, even the unused ones......... now im not one to complain too much... as im sponsor'd thru Hobby Alley here in edmonton. and always get great deals thru them.
    so what your telling me is i have to send you 5 LBS of lithium thru the mail to you with a recipt from christmas that s hiding somewhere in my r/c room but i probably will not find until nextyear's spring cleaning, and you will replace them for me.............. or is there an easier way ?

thanks Paul of Venom

Tracar of RCSparks :)

16. K_Note72

K_Note72 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i do have to agree with those who're against maxamps, i got screwed outta $190 for a 3s that crapped out quick (and to think, i now have a $35 3s turnigy with more mah and works better). Their customer support didnt seem to wanna help, the most they did was offer me a 25% discount on another one. But to think mathematically, that 25% is about $47, which is $12 more than the turnigy. I'm sorry, but they're not gettin my business again. Not after that ordeal.

17. revoboss49

revoboss49 New Member

Well I have been using some hard case ones and they have been working excellent. So yes they do work well. Just don't get the ones above 60c. This is because there is not a huge difference at that high of a C rating. I have some 35c and it works really well and has plenty of punch.

18. Bigjon3o5

Bigjon3o5 New Member

Thanks guys! :)

19. No_Plan

No_Plan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

To the question about the Venom NIMH batteries. I have four 4200 Venom batteries. I have charged them all about I reckon 200 times and they still last 2 hours each in my SCX10. They last about 45 minutes in my Tamiya Bashers, all in all good run times. I always charge them at 4amps. They are not water proofed and still work great. Never had any problem.

The only thing I did was pull the wire out of the connector, and that was cuz I was stupid and pulled on the wire instead of the connector lol (easy fix tho!)

20. Baal

Baal Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

God damn it. I have a new one of those laying around I prey my lucks better

#20 Baal, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011