1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very very new, need help

Discussion in 'Excavators & Bulldozers' started by TheSaultyOne, Jan 20, 2020.

1. TheSaultyOne

TheSaultyOne New Member

Hey guys, some would say I'm new to this. I have no RC equipment except the trucks I got as a kid from Costco. I'm looking to get into the hobby, I love the aspect of dirt moving with excavators, front end loaders and dozers and such. I'm looking for any advice on where to look, when I look online I see a very small amount of info or maybe 1 or 2 products per page and with no idea on quality. I'm not a rich guy so I'd wish to keep it under $1000 CAD per piece of equipment and very willing to build it myself. Located in Trenton, Ontario and looking for info or a community near me or something. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!

2. Frizzen

Frizzen New Member

What are you wanting to do?
    Do you modify / scratch build?

That budget might be able to get a used hydraulic excavator, but probably not new.

Since you mention 'moving dirt', i'd probably suggest looking at Bruder 'D5' or 'delta skidsteer' conversions. Plans, parts, or prebuilt should be under budget.

There might be a different forum more about rc truck and construction that might be helpful to your search