1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video cam

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by Crawler Ted, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Crawler Ted

Crawler Ted Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

OK ,guy's ,I was thinking it's time I took the step towards makin some video .

I'd like to be able to video some builds as well as some of the general stupidity that goes on around here ,,:D

Anyway ,I'm so Noob in this area ,I have a decent camera that I really dont use to it's potential .

So what i'm getting at here is there a camcorder that I can get that isnt too complicated ,And get video up without pulling out all my hair ?:cool:

2. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    OK.. now I dont know whether to take you seriously or not - cause true fans of Teds Garage know you are a cue ball and the Afro is long since gone ;)

I can tell ya what my friend.. there are lots of good cams out there now for $200-$450 that are pretty decent. Its not so much the camera that is the hard part these days. Pretty much point and shoot. Its getting a good video editor thats easy to use.

For you my friend I would suggest paying for a program called "Cyber Link Power Director 9 " - Its only 100$ and its what I used to use for the first year of production. Its fun, and easy to use :)

3. Lazy_B

Lazy_B New Member

thats what i use to do my vids and it's easy to use, got loads of good transition effects...you can add sountracks, trim them etc. love the slow motion bit on it :)

4. Crawler Ted

ELiTE MEMBER

Haha ,,Serious this time Buddy ,,was wondering if anyone would catch the hair thing .
    I knew you would ,cause you,ve seen my melon through the view finder too many times ,hahaha.

Anyway ,,Any cams you would reccomend in particular ?

5. Ditchdiger

Ditchdiger Has a Really Cool Profile Pic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Don't ask me. I dont know anything about cameras! All i know is if you want a AWESOME video editor buy photoshop i dont know if you can edit vids on it or not though.

6. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge <b>X-TreMe BaShEr! </b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Canon Vixia HD camcorders = best bang for your buck for a quality device.

7. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Bahaha that made me laugh.

No you cant edit video in photoshop. The Adobe program for video editing is called Premier Pro. The equivalent to it in MAC would be Final Cut Pro.. But thats a VERY expensive.

8. Capt Calgary

Capt Calgary Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'm not a camera expert but I love my gadgets I'm looking at a go pro hero hd

9. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge <b>X-TreMe BaShEr! </b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Aaaactually the equivalent to Premier Pro for Mac is Premier Pro. ;) haha. But, Final Cut Pro pwninates Premier Pro IMHO. I use Premier Pro + After Effects now since I don't have my MBP any more, but when I had my MBP I had Final Cut Pro and it was wicked.

10. RobscoRC

ELiTE MEMBER

Haha I didn't think of it like that.

There's lots if cameras out there. For onboard stuff I use a gopro hd hero. Standard camera work I use a few different types of canons, from small point and shoot hd's to large pro-sumer or even the 60d. But those cost a LOT of money. These days small hard drive based hd video cameras do a great job and are very cost effective!

11. Chunder

Chunder Fixer
    ELiTE MEMBER

Not sure what the enhancements are in 9, but I got a version of 8 free with the video capture card I got for my FPV, total cost only $45.

12. Chunder

Chunder Fixer
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well, I'm sure you have hair in other places...

...and I'm referring to facial hair, you sickos! :p

13. Ditchdiger

Ditchdiger Has a Really Cool Profile Pic
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have heard that those little gopros are tough little machines. I have heard a guy say his got ran over by a FULL SIZE car and it still was good only the casing was cracked!

14. Crawler Ted

ELiTE MEMBER

15. RobscoRC

ELiTE MEMBER

I have on, there ok. The low light quality SUX.. It does include software but its more intended for importing, not editing. Gopro is MUCH higher quality in video and build, but it is very wide angle. Check out the one Medic uses, its less wide angle and really good so he might give you an insight into that.

16. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

17. egyptsean

egyptsean Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I swear by the go pro hd! for the most part iit is all i use! sometimes i use my olympus stylus tough. As for editing, like medic said, it's the editing that is the hard part. its just a matter of getting past the learing curve to whatever program you are using. I went thru many programs before i settled on sony vegas pro. here is a link to a page with the top 10 editing software reviews, including specs for each one. just pic the one that fits your needs and they all have a 30 day free trial. Video Editing Software Review 2011 | Video Editor Software | Video Editing - TopTenREVIEWS