1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vortex 250 Pro - Mountain Diving Ends Badly

Discussion in 'FPV Films & Recordings' started by RcCrawlerKing, Aug 22, 2017.

1. RcCrawlerKing

RcCrawlerKing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:

This ended very badly. However I got some of the most amazing footage ever. Located below Pocahontas near the start of the hiking trail there is a large rock face that I found when I was out trailing with my Jeep. I knew I had to come back and dive it. I got in 3 full batteries and on the 4th one my Dad saw a cool spot just around the corner that he said I should fly. So I did but not thinking the top of the cliff blocked my receiver from receiving signal and it fail safed 44m to the ground where it met with many large rocks. The GoPro taking the entire impact saved my quadcopter from death. It smelled of electrical, the GoPro must have shorted out on impact. I disassembled it and kept it as parts. I soon bought another Hero 3 white. The upper GoPro recliner on the vortex was the only part that required replacing. The battery was also ejected on impact but it was ok as well. I have since repaired my vortex and have been ripping balls with it ever since. Extra credit goes out to Kevin MacLeod for providing me with the song Hitman for my introduction.

#1 RcCrawlerKing, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Mark Liersch likes this.
  2. Mark Liersch

Mark Liersch Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Totally amazing... you fly that bloody thing like you're in it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

RcCrawlerKing likes this.
  3. RcCrawlerKing

RcCrawlerKing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Haha! I try not to crash. I tend to fly it like I'm in it cause it saves money when I'm worried about dying if I crash. Of course sometimes it does happen though.