1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterproof Brushless Motor Combo Suggestions for Tamiya CC-01?

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by FastOffroad, Jul 24, 2014.

1. FastOffroad

FastOffroad New Member

Hey guys!
    I recently got a Tamiya CC-01 with the FJ Cruiser body. It came as a kit. What's weird is that it said the ESC wasn't included, yet I got a 2s brushless ESC :slow: Anyways, it came with the most generic brushed motor you can get... So I wanted some suggestions for a motor combo, preferably brushless. Yes I know waterproof brushless are hard to find. I just don't feel like DIY'ing it #lazy
    Also, I wanted to know MAIN some upgrades I should get for it. I need new shocks, the ones that come with it are crappy. So yep, that's about it.

2. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

Waterproof brushless is easy to find. But find the right turn motor is a different story. On a side note the CC-O1 I would strongly suggest not going brushless. Its not built for it and its going to get ruined. your going to want to upgrade everything if you drop a brushless motor into it. Just something you might want to think about and what turn motor. Personally I would stick to brushed. I have a 20T brushless setup in my scx10 but its fully upgraded as well.but all my other trucks are brushed. And tgere upgraded to.

3. FastOffroad

FastOffroad New Member

I have a novak rooster crawler ESC and a banzai motor. That's all I had :p

4. FastOffroad

FastOffroad New Member

Alright. So what's a good brushed waterproof system? Something that's mud resistant too.

5. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

Brushed motors are fine to get wet. Just do regular maintenance on cleaning. Just get a small plastic container and put the esc in that. Thats all I did. Or some plasti dip the esc. Or in a balloon. Its not the brushed motor you need to worry about. Just make sure tge esc is protected. I just went to a retail store. Like Wal-Mart for example and found a water tight Tupperware container that was small and put my esc in that. Put my esc and RX in that. Made a small hole to run the wires then sealed the hole.

6. Grifter

Grifter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My rooster crawler esc says water resistant case in the side of it. I just painted the terminals and put a good line of liquid tape around the sides and it has been submarined regularly with no issues for about 3 months. Your mileage may vary but I drown all my trail rigs every opportunity I get. The rooster crawler is holding up just as good as my xl5. I run cheap throw away closed can 35t motors. When I'm done in the mud I run them through fresh clean water to rinse them our and after they dry I periodically hit them with a little wd40.

7. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    another good thing to do when running in muddy water or mud is to take a pair of pantyhose and cut out the toe wrap your motor in it like a sock and tie it closed at the end with a zip tie . this helps keep the grit out of your motor , while still allowing air to pass through and cool it