1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a Great Success!! 1st Ever RCSparks 10th Scale Truck Challenge

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scott, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Scott

Scott Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

What an awesome day!!!

There was some trucks ranging from basically out of the box stock to full on custom built. Some great driving, great events, great people, great weather, food, fun, new friends, and we got to play with our toys.

A huge thanks to Medic for this as well as Krazy Joe who did a lot of work, and spent a small fortune to make this event happen.

2. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    What a Great Success!!

[​IMG]

WOW....

What an amazing turn out!! IT WAS A BLAST!! We had the full 15 Trucks Register and run - and even a few extra!!

Well I for one would like to say THANK YOU to all the participants that came down to the scale truck trail ground to compete in the COMPETITION!

An EXTRA Special Thanks goes to the Rude Boy Himself, "KRAZY JOE" for assisting RCSparks put on a KILLER EVENT!!

Lots of winners - in fact, EVERYONE walked away with a PRIZE today!!

Lots of AMAZING RC footage to work through. this will take a little while! BUT

Pictures are going to be posted in the Gallery - and VIDEOS soon to come in the following week!

Once again eveeryone - thanks for coming on down - JEM and I say

YAAAA HOOOOO!!!!! :graffiti:

Happy Trails, and SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

P.S.. DID I hear that the WINNER of the Tug-of-War event Took on an 8th scale Traxxas SUMMIT?

I wonder who won......

3. Krazy Joe

Krazy Joe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

A HUGE thanks to all of the people behind the scenes. TODD and TRENTON For cooking the dogs and taking care of base camp... Also a HUGE thanks to all of you for comming out to make this event a big success . IM building a MUCH better truck for this event next year... THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE Hope all had a great time ..WE DID!!!

4. TracaR

TracaR MASTER BUiLDER

i cannot say this enough ..... thank you !!! thank you !!! thank you !!!
    that has to be the best course i have ever played on. VERY CHALLENGING ! start to finish

and those women. Holy Crap they kicked our asses . and alot of ball touching , hehe
    parts were breaking left and right. and all for the best time i had in a long time .

A1+++ to everyone that hosted and helped .

go team edmonton-sterdam !! Woooo Hooooo!!

5. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

WOW Guys & Girls, Sounds totally awesome and fun.. Glad you all had a great time. Can't wait to see the videos too!!!

6. PinkIsBetter

PinkIsBetter Kickin' A$$!

Vadge power!!!! Activate!! Form of : kicking mens butts! :yaehamnotdurnk:

7. Muffintop

Muffintop Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I had a absolute blast! and meet some really cool people.

A big Thanks to MEDiC, Crazy Joe, JEM, and the base camp cooks, for putting on one amazing TTC. I can't wait for next year!!

8. crawling wallz

crawling wallz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

too bad it was a only 18+ event only. Looks like you guys had alot of fun by the smiles on your faces

9. 4WheelBasher

4WheelBasher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Man wish i could of been there next year im driving the 1600 miles to attend :haveaniceday:

10. aceofaxe

aceofaxe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I will make this one year!!!! It looks like a great turn out.

Who had the Yellow Tires? What Brand is that, they look wicked!!!!

I need some Green or Blue ones, stat!!!! hahahaha.

Can't wait for the vids!

11. Scott

ELiTE MEMBER

Those yellow tires are on Tracars spare rig driven by one of the girls. They are RC4WD X-Locks. They only come in black and yellow. They sure stick out against the dirt and just throw out another thing of flair.

12. Newbe 59

Newbe 59 <b>THE KiNG OF AiR - 2011</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

that was a lot fun,the edmonton group put on a show with some great rigs.hahaha tug of war, thanks again to all that hosted the birthday party had a blast

13. Azrayel74

Azrayel74 Dr. Madness

Awesome pics... im hoping/planing to make a run out next year for this.. only 1700 miles by the shortest route... hmmm to plan out a new rig build before then... hope i have enuf time :-D...

14. TracaR

TracaR MASTER BUiLDER

the Tuber with the yellow tires was driven by my friend Anniek from Amsterdam . this was the first time she ever put her hands on a radio and drove anything like this.
    the girls had a good plan to distract the boys with their stunning good looks and go for the wins !!!

i have to admit that I'm proud of them for kicking but in some of the events !

15. aceofaxe

aceofaxe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I guess I will have to make the trip next year. It's just a plane ticket right? lol But if I can do the Scaler Event then Bribe Ted with enough Beer to invite me to the garage to do some crawling, It would be well worth it!:D

16. Scott

ELiTE MEMBER

After a great day, the rig needed a cleaning. BAD!
    So this morning I got to stripping the front axle down. That's as far as I got. All of the 5x11's and the two 10x15's in the front axle were very, very gritty. I went down to the LHS to get more and thay have none in stock. ARGGHHH!!!! So I now have all of the bearings from the front axle sitting in a tub of acetone trying to free them up enough that I can use them short term enough to order some in. So I go to my favorite bearing manufacturer's website and they're sold out of all the bearings that I want from them. I can get the ceramics and pay 5 times the price or get just the metal shields. I am really hoping that they get more bearings soon.

We'll see ho the acetone works and see if I really get to involved with the rest of the truck.

In all fairness, these are the kit Axial bearings and they aren't known to be the best bearing out there and they have NEVER seen any kind of maintainence since I've had the truck, a couple of months before the kit was released a couple of years ago so I say they have done very well. They have outlasted two motors, and maybe met a demise the same time the third motor did. This motor was a brand new motor as well and it stopped running yesterday as well. Good thing I know a guy who rebuilds motors.

17. Azrayel74

Azrayel74 Dr. Madness

AHH the carnage of a good day hitting the mud and trails :)

18. kam2040

kam2040 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I had a great time on saturday killed another motor. Thanks for the great time and for putting on a great event also thanks to the cooks the dogs where great.

19. MRaxial

MRaxial Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

ill second what kam said.. t'was a great day thanks to everyone that made it happen!

20. Mr Orange

Mr Orange Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

SUPER FREAKING FANTASTIC !!! I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE that was the coolest rc event that I have ever been too..

A HUGE thanks to RC SPARKS for having this TTC!
    I really hope this will happen again next year and I will have a better set up!

Also a big thanks to the base "campys"for holding down the fort. It must have been boring sitting there knowing how much fun we are out having on the trails Thanks again ..SCOTT.