1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are some good truggys out today?

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Lilmoose, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Lilmoose

Lilmoose Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hello I was wondering if anyone could tell me about some truggys im looking at getting one. I heard that the losi 8ight-T 2.0 is good and I also heard the team associated RC8T is also very good. I am looking to get an electric truggy that's 1/8 so I would have to do a conversion for them which I don't mind. does anyone know about the hpi trophy truggy flux? is it strong cause the last hpi I had broke every run. are there any other good truggys out there? if anyone can help that would be great. thank you

2. MrSTUDofRC

MrSTUDofRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The Traxxas Rustler is my personal favorite - its extremely durable and very easy to get it up into the higher speed ranges(70-ish mph) You just have to replace the stock NIMH battery with a 2s 8000mah Lipo and its ready to go really fast(so you dont have to play with gear ratios).

Hope this helps:)

3. Lilmoose

Lilmoose Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

thanks :) but isn't the rustler 2wd? haha should have added I want a 4wd But I have heard good things about the rustler.. can you convert it too 4wd??

4. Unexplained

Unexplained New Member

No, but you can use a stampede 4x4 and convert it to a rustler 4x4 with some mods.

5. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    really guys, I have the rustler vxl and it is a hoot, I have modded mine with many aftermarket upgrades as stuff broke from poor use. To this day my rustler vxl is still kicking like a bull! I have seen the post above, but When I got my rustler vxl out of the box it was awesome! wheelies on command with a 2s lipo pack. It being crazy durable is no understatement it is! But being real here, any rc will break if you treat it poorly enough lol

#5 Spence123, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  6. rcnut'14

rcnut'14 certified rc addict
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    <sigh> the rustler is not a true truggy. its not even a buggy. its a stadium truck.

the hpi d8t is a good truggy, but it comes in nitro only. u can, however, convert it to brushless.

the arrma typhon and talion are good cars.

as well as many others that I cant think of right now( if I remember any, ill post them)

7. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    you think I am dumb dude? Well thanks, her der I know the rustler is not a truggy:confident:
    anywho, I think one more is the arrma kraton 6s is technically a truggy. There are also some cheap basher buggies from hobbyking too, and some other truggy from team associated, there is the ST4 G3-Thunder Tiger too..... I was just saying I do know that the rustler or rustler vxl is a 1/10 scale stadium truck and its a viable fun option... Sheesh dude

8. rcnut'14

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    im not saying that your dumb. but lilmoose wants a 4wd truggy. he specifically said 4wd. the rustler, as you know, is 2wd.

the rustler is a "viable fun option". I never said it wasn't. but since he said 4wd, im recommending him 4wd trucks. you are free to do what you want.

9. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Don't want to get in between anything here but this thread is 2 years old, I'm sure he's made his decision by now lol!

10. rcnut'14

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    yes, he probably did lol.

11. Lewis skinner

Lewis skinner New Member

Media:
  12. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media: