1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you working on

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by Venturi XR, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Venturi XR

Venturi XR Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would like to start a thread on what rc are you working on and I am still working on my traxxas s-maxx converted into a e-maxx and it has been going up and down on the project due to radio problems, steering servo problems and those are fixed and currently now i'd just ordered and bought a brand new e-maxx brushed transmission, dual motor mount plate with screws with a 68t and a 62t spur gear, plus with a slipper clutch as well and a waterproof steering servo

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I some how always have one rc on the bench waiting to be worked on. My next project is doing some maintenance on my Losi Mini Highroller. I also have to tune my Savage. It's hard to fit it in between school and homework.

3. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    What am I working on?

Currently, not in order of importance-ish

Trailfinder 2 "FNG"
    CC-01 Pajero
    scx10 "Grape Ape"
    b4.18 "Beagley"
    M-05 "Project: Mini"
    Sprint 2 Sport "Rodney"
    syma f3 heli "Mini Choppa"
    syma f1 heli "Choppa"

I am sure there are a couple more that are eluding me right now too! :yuush:

:aceofaxe:

4. Gunagitusuka

Gunagitusuka New Member

Brushed the dust off my minizilla. Has an old mamba 25 with a 2080 a few bits of alloy and sim carbon.
    Titanium driveline chewed the plastic drive cups but I found a quick fix on a forum written in German :(...just gotta learn how to read it ;)

5. Gunagitusuka

Gunagitusuka New Member

6. roadhog29389

roadhog29389 New Member

Stripped the gearbox in my LRP buggy, Need a body for the Maverick and the the Amax needs a pinion of undetermined pitch. So with all that, I'm going to attempt making a track in the backyard tomorrow :yourkidding:

7. AX10wannabe

AX10wannabe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

the only thing im working on right now is possibly buying another rig this weekend. its an ax10 with a toyota body, stock axial electronics, sedona tires and a couple other things.. its ready to run for $375.00. because its a used rig im going to look it over when i get it home just to make sure nothing is broken even though from the pictures he has sent me it looks clean.. other than that i havent been working on anything except lawnmower stuff which i have another month of that and then my rc season starts up again.. im looking forward to it because the ford rew cab needs some bodywork done and the wheels need to be put back together.

#7 AX10wannabe, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  8. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

if u are using windows platform on the optional updates if you install German language pack it will translate it for you.
    and I am working on my trail rig SCX 10 even though im just changing things as is was not broke ..lol
    and rc hellis V911 for son blade mcx2 for daughter blade nano cpx for myself . and yes it is tough between work ,spending family time ,my other hobbys and never ending project list. lol

#8 Y2daT, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  9. 6677

6677 New Member

I have the german language pack, nothing ever gets translated except by chrome which doesnt rely on the language packs anyway. The windows language packs are dictionaries only and to my knowledge have never featured translation.

10. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

k my bad ....

11. Venturi XR

ELiTE MEMBER

my electric conversion on my S-Maxx is almost done

12. Venturi XR

ELiTE MEMBER

I'd just did a tear down on the rear of the S/E-Maxx and I took apart the rear diff and the old grease got really sticky and clean it up and it is now filled with marine grease and just enough to coat the bearings and the ring and pinion and I also put marine grease in the brushless transmission and this project I am working on is now project overhaul and this truck will have a new E-Maxx chassis and I will post pictures on the forums

#12 Venturi XR, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  13. Hooligan

Hooligan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

the only physical project iv got going is a long running and not really worked on bolink eliminator pan car. haven't touched it in months. need to buy body mounts, a body, electronics. need to bend up the steering linkages and find what size rubber grommet i need for the rear pod and pick one up. then fabricate a new t-plate for the rear pod.

then iv got 2 mental projects going on.
    1. i want to use my 1/14 scale new bright mud slinger F-150 body and make a custom chassis for it. give the truck some actual off road capabilities. and if i like the results, iv got a 56 ford f-100 body from a radioshack street comber. make another one. just need to research axles and gear boxes. (right now im thinking HPI wheely king axles/gearbox might work) and im still up in the air on ether using the CNC machine at work to make the frame from fiberglass, or using automotive fuel line and brazing up a tube frame.
    2. make a pan car chassis for my old tyco lamborghini countach body. the body is in good shape, but the chassis' broken. it's got a broken front spindle so it's time for a chassis transplant.

and for the last month or so iv been kicking around the idea of restoring my old HPI nitro RS4 2. but i most likely wont. ill probably just put a nice body and wheels on it and stick it on a shelf.

and iv got a toy grade nikko boat that im considering swapping to hobby grade electronics.

one of these days i might actually get around to completing one of these projects.

#13 Hooligan, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  14. Venturi XR

ELiTE MEMBER

well today i ordered parts for my project overhaul on the S/E-Maxx and i will post pic on the forums

15. Venturi XR

ELiTE MEMBER

I took apart my truck and before I clean out the rear differential the grease in that differential got really sticky and so I cleaned it up and I put some marine grease in it and now it is smooth to turn it and i installed the silver aluminum chassis brace and the chassis is to short, so I made homemade aluminum brackets and it fitted fine with the new integy front and rear skid plates, also I install the RPM front bulkheads, also the front differential and now it is solid as a rock I and I installed these parts on the E-Maxx 3903 chassis and it is coming along great so far now

16. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

This is what I'm working on, custom crawler...............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that's all for now...................................:bouaaaaah:
    Dam photobucket don't know y they do that..............:pissedoff:

#16 Bubba J, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  17. Venturi XR

ELiTE MEMBER

i am still working on my S-Maxx to a E-Maxx and i still trying to install the front and rear suspension, shock towers and such and i have been so busy with the yard work and such and of coarse playing PS3 and my PC and today i will finish up with my traxxas S-Maxx to a E-Maxx project

18. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I am working on my cj 2

19. chetmotox

chetmotox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    What am I working on right now...... Well I have too many projects going on at once but as far as RC projects, things on my to do list in order of most importance:

Reassemble Traxxas Slash (bearings out in rear end)
    Rebuild drop box on SCX10 Version 2.0
    Build body for Slash
    Build body for brother-in-laws Redcat RS10
    Add accessories to Version 2.0
    Maybe build second body for Version 2.0
    And a bunch of other stuff I am still dreaming up

20. Venturi XR

ELiTE MEMBER

my electric conversion project is almost done, but I can't post my soon to be a E-Maxx picture on this forum from tapatalk and I'll see if I can transfer my picture from my iPhone to my PC