1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what body is this?

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by Jonna, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Jonna

Jonna Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG]

love this body and how he did build it but what body is it? :punky: i want it

2. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looks like the Tamiya Toyota Tundra Hilift body. It's a hard plastic body sold with that kit but you can buy separately through several hobby stores. He removed the fenders, grill, and doors. Looks like he may have done some sort of custom cowl around the radiator.

Dna

3. Jonna

ELiTE MEMBER

ow okey thx do anyone know how i can build the body like this?:thatdoodisuptosomet

4. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would agree Toyota Tundra. To build this you would have to bob the truck as they call it. You do it to the back most of the time, I have seen them do it to front..

5. Jonna

ELiTE MEMBER

what do bob the truck mean?

6. Joker777

Joker777 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Bob the truck means bob tail it. Basically you will need to shorten the chassis at the back to make it look right.

7. MrRcFanatik

MrRcFanatik Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The guys above are right! It's a highly modified Toyota Tundra!

"bobbing" just means cutting or shortening... like you may have seen some trucks that have a bed that has been cut and re-welded just after the rear wheels?

This truck has had the front end shortened... and it has also be narrowed (side to side)... this can be done a few ways, but it looks like he just cut the fenders off, and cut a little ways into the hood aswell. Like the others said, new grill, interior, no doors... yep! LOT OF WORK THERE!

Hope that helps!.... you should give it a go! That would be a lot of fun to build :)

#7 MrRcFanatik, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  8. Jonna

ELiTE MEMBER

will see what i will do :)

9. Jonna

ELiTE MEMBER

but it looks nothing like this... i dont get it... :tttt:

[​IMG]

10. Homer Pyle

Homer Pyle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

This sums it up.There was a lot of work and time and effort put into that rig,,,anyone including myself would be envious.

Just the body work itself,from cutting the doors and the front fenders off at the hood,to crafting a simulated engine compartment,where the fenders once was,to fabricating an interior(which I cannot tell which interior it is),to the exterior cage.It all fits together as if it was meant to.If I had some of those spare parts around,I would like to attempt something like that.

I drive a Tundra in real life and would recognize the body design,especially the back door and hood.

11. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

It looks like he cut the doors and fenders off and then made a custom interior and fenders.