1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Do To Your Short Course Today?

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by ArmySSG, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Diablo

Diablo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well I spent an hour or 2 with the dremil last night on the flotec body. Still need a little smoothing out on some holes, but no major stuff ups. Almost ready to mask and paint. Widened the wheel arches too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The edges aren't as rough as they look, is just the overspray plastic ;)

2. RdTripp

RdTripp New Member

Last week ordered two more lipo batteries for my Slash's. Today ordered some new upgrades for my 4x4, new motor cooling fan with heat sink, 4 set of wheels and tires, will post pictures once get them mounted, and last but least got a new body from Redcat Racing. Body is pre-painted but its a body I can use for the track.

3. Baden

Baden New Member

You bought a RedCat racing SC body for the Slash? if you did, you sure it will fit? :/

4. RdTripp

RdTripp New Member

Just double checked it and I compared it to the wrong Redcat truck and the measurements are way off. :-/ Well i will figure out something with it i guess, or you know anyone that has a Redcat Vortex. ha ha ha, mistakes if we didn't have them we wouldn't learn from them.

5. Baden

Baden New Member

6. RdTripp

RdTripp New Member

Yeah I figure that when I measured it and it was like 3 to 4 inches shorter on the wheel base, I sent a email to where i ordered it. So maybe they will get the body removed from my order before it is sent.

#46 RdTripp, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  7. Baden

Baden New Member

Yeah, if not feel free to send it my way FOC ;)

8. RdTripp

RdTripp New Member

They got it removed off my order, now i wait for the rest of my goodies.

9. menace13

menace13 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I took my slash with my new x flow jconcepts ford raptor svt-r body with the vents cut out for a few high speed runs. i love it the truck stayed stuck to the road much better. IMG278.jpg IMG281.jpg IMG280.jpg alon with installing my new proline trenchers

10. RdTripp

RdTripp New Member

New wrong batteries

Well got my new lipo batteries, But the place I got them from sent me 25C venom's when i ordered 30C. Just something else to get figured out. :thatdoodisuptosomet
    [​IMG]

11. SlashBash3r

SlashBash3r New Member

Put RPM bumpers and Mudflaps on

12. MoScaler

MoScaler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I didn't do any upgrades today, but I had some cleaning to do...........
    Question=What did you do to your short coarse today?
    Answer =Got it real dirty.......... Slayer Pro 4x4 after 6 tanks and 6 air filter(outer) Funnest day ever!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess I did some experimental cutting on one of my Slayer pro bodies. Haven't had any heat issues, just better flow thru the body, and force air toward filter.........
    Don't know how much it helps, but it can't hurt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. FluxAscender

FluxAscender Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Converted my Mamba Monster Slash 4x4 Platinum over to the new LCG chassis. Also put it back to bashing tune instead of the speed-run set-up I had on it. Geared it down, jacked it up, and cut some slots for battery straps, since whoever designed the LCG battery hold-down is a MORON that doesn't understand the word "adjustable", or the phrase "positive retention".

Just need to pick up some stiffer springs for tomorrow. I'll be picking up heavier shocks at some point, either GTR's or something from a 1/8th buggy, to deal the extra weight of the MMM/2200kv and the 4S-6S LiPOs. Also just ordered a motor fan, Badlands 2.2/3.0 tires, and a MMM2 so I can take it watercrossing without worrying too much about it. Still need to pick up a better servo, the stock Traxxas one is just... glacial.

EDIT: Oh! Also just ordered a King Headz aluminum motor mount! Takes a 10x19x5mm bearing, so no more crappy tiny bearing! It looks pretty beefy, machined from 7075 T6, so it should stand up to the weight of the HPI Torq 2200kv motor, and it works with the stock LCG Slash gear cover, so no worries about grit getting in. I'll put up a review and pics when everything arrives.

#53 FluxAscender, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  14. Eagle7812

Eagle7812 New Member

Took the switch off my rx8 wooooooowhhoooo

15. FluxAscender

FluxAscender Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

OK, so after my previous post, I took my Monster/Tork Slash over to my buddy's backyard track. When I turned it on, it acted like it was cogging horribly for about fifteen seconds, barely moved, then shut off with a nasty hiss. Batteries were very warm, ESC was hot, and the motor was SCORCHING at 140*F. After only about fifteen seconds, mind you. Upon inspection, I found it had shorted across the motor somehow, left scorch marks around the insulator at the end of the windings.

So, this weekend I replaced the MMM/Tork combo with a MMM2/2200kv Neu/Castle combo. Mounted it on a new King Heads LCG Slash motor mount. Also added and STRC adjustable servo saver and steering setup, GTR shocks with Blue Traxxas springs, and Badlands mounted on black Split Six rims. Finally, I threw it on my Integy alignment rig and got everything reset from my on-road settings back to off-road.

Ran it up and down our gravel drive and out onto a nearby street and it is WICKEDLY fast on 4S. Can't wait for next weekend to try it on a track!