1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What goes up... Doesn't come back down in your yard...

Discussion in 'Copters' started by Magnat007, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Just got a Double Horse Volition 9053 Helicopter as a Christmas present..
    Its BIG... and I mean BIG... Its 74cm Long and creates a fair amount of thrust..... So much so.... On first take off... I throttled up to 1/4... and it just shot up and backwards in a Blink of an eye..

It went up around 20m in the air and before I could react... It left my back yard which is no small yard... and dissappeared..

So I throttled down and awaited the sound of an impending crash.... THUD...

I politely knocked on my neighbours door and said could I get my helicopter back... and to my surprise...
    It had landed hard.... but nothing broken.... Considering the height I killed the throttle from I expected bits..

I don't know how the hell people can fly these indoors... It is stable in the fact it doesn't spin on its axis.... but it doesn't hover... It shoots either side ways or backwards...

I am not gonna give up... I am gonna learn how to fly this Helicopter even if it kills me... which, Its more then capable of doing !

[​IMG]

2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    You'll get the hang of it man. but the only thing with that type of heli is that it has no side to side control. So it's a little harder to control.

3. Magnat007

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Yeah to steer you have to rotate the nose and then go forwards... I was actually suprised with how quick it actually is.... I intend to take it to an oval some time soon and see just how good it can really go... Its definately got enough lift to take a Camera onboard... but lets concentrate on flying it first lol...

4. swagmaster99

swagmaster99 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

yeah I know how that is, the first time I let my sister fly my little helicopter it seemed like it was made of rubber it just bounced of the ceiling and floor :)

5. Magnat007

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I watched heaps of Vids on youtube of this Helicopter and they all seemed to fly stable...and some even flew them indoors... I just cannot see how because this thing is too sensitive to fly indoors.
    You only have to move 1mm on the sticks for it to shoot up and away lol !

6. Magnat007

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Oh I forgot to mention.. I sold the Helicopter.. after multiple tries to fly it.. sheer frustration kicked in and I sold it at a garage sale for about 1/3rd what I paid for it ...

7. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

if you want to learn helicopters I recommend a simulator . they fly away and crash easy on it also . but one button click and all is new again . I can sport fly but 3D wise im still a nubb ...
    I started with a coaxial ( same setup as your heli) but a Blade mcx2 . it is small not to fast and a great indoor flyer ... it is also easy to learn on . all 3 of my children can fly them .
    from there i got a simulator and started learning collective pitch . it gets real difficult then but i enjoy the challenge... but it can be frustrating .... the coaxial design does not work well out side unless there is no wind .... a light breeze will carry the heli away ... a advanced pilot can keep a collective pitch on track in high winds . ... the fixed pitch helicopters are a waste of time in my opinion . unless you do not have a simulator .. then it makes a steeping stone in between coaxial and collective .

8. K9654

K9654 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Lol, I was just given the exact same heli from my father in law as a gift. I haven't flown it yet but I am really glad I came across this post, lol. He bought it, flew it once, broke a blade, fixed it and put it on the shelf. I guess it's my turn. LOL

Magnat007 likes this.