1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best off road truck

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by jeeper, Dec 12, 2014.

1. jeeper

jeeper New Member

they can be any they can be axial,custom,rc4wd anything

2. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

I moved your thread as it was in the introduce yourself section. Please do feel free to go to that section of the forum and write up a introduction of yourself.

But as for the best offroad truck. I would say there is no best truck. It comes down to your style and preference. Everyone will have there own different opinion.

3. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Dribble is smack on the money...

There is no best truck... The truck is what you make it.

Every truck has its upsides and downsides..

If you start with an SCX10, you get great offroad and trail ability but scale looks need a lot of work.
    If You start with a Tamiya Highlift then Scale looks are hard to beat but off road ability is not as good as an SCX10.
    If You go with a TrailFinder 2.. then you get good scale looks but stiff suspension and only average capability.
    A Tamiya CC-01, Great price and great scale looks but not very capable and hard to modify with off the shelf parts.
    A RC4WD Trailstomper.. Best entry level price but scale looks and offroad performance require alot of work and durability is questionable.
    A Tamiya CR-01 : Fairly expensive.. Top heavy chassis design and its hard to get them to look scale enough to be a decent scale rig.

#3 Magnat007, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  4. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    #4 RustyWrench, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  5. Hpi-guy

Hpi-guy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    By off road there are a LOT more than you mentioned (OP).
    With rock crawling and trail driving Magnat007 pinned the tail on the donkey.
    For short course, again, it's all about you. If you need suggestions for 2WD the Hpi Blitz is personally my favorite. For 4WD for bashing the Traxxas 4X4 is hard to beat, as well as the ECX 4X4.
    For monster trucks, you want an 1/8 scale. Again, it's about preference, but the Hpi Savage Flux HP is my personal favorite. It's a beast. Trust me.
    For buggies, again a 1/8 will be a better basher than a 1/10 buggy. My personal favorite is the Hpi Vorza, but Ofna, Associated, and Losi also make great buggies.
    For stadium trucks, for a good 1/10, check out the Hpi E Firestorm Flux. It's the same platform as the Blitz I mentioned earlier, but with some cosmetic changes to give it a different look and stance. Still tough as nails and very nimble.
    For truggies this is the 1st time I won't recommend HPI because otherwise I would be lying to you telling you it's a good truck. The Hpi Trophy Truggy is just not beefy enough to be a good reliable basher, and Hot Bodies has you covered if you want to race. Check out Ofna for a good 1/8 truggy, as well as Hobbyking.
    There are much much more topics to be covered, but I'll leave you with that for now. :)

6. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

so if you are looking to get a off road truck. what do u want to do with it. crawling, trail, mud, or go fast and jump. ..do u want scale looks or is performance more important. u can have both looks and performance but there will be upgrades needed.
    if u are not sure if you prefer trail vs a fast rig then look at the axial Yetti. it kind of does both.