1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What truck should I get?

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by Hmbd98, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Hmbd98

Hmbd98 New Member

There are so many trucks on the market, but only 2 caught my eye. The Axial Wrath Rock Racer and the Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL. Which should I get?

2. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

That depends on what you plan to do with it?
    Those are two completely different trucks.

3. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Trailing and Intermediate bashing Wraith
    All out bashing and nothing else Stampede

Pretty much two completely different trucks.

Best trailign truck I could recommend is the AXIAL SCX10.

4. Yu-Radio

Yu-Radio New Member

I say the stampede i have it and it is fun and a beast but again just my opinion

5. GeekRC

GeekRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The scx10 honcho is the best all-a-round truck there is stock.

6. ScaleBasher

ScaleBasher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Id go with the Wraith

7. TrickyD

TrickyD New Member

Wraith is a solid axle vehicle. Therefore it is made to perform better as a crawler, scaler, Foff type vehicle. It's fast...., for a crawler... know what I mean?

The Stampede has independent suspension so it will handle more like a race vehicle, but it's not set up to be a racer, just a basher really. It's fairly fast stock, way faster than a wraith, but not as fast around a track as a race vehicle. However, since most traxxas vehicle have almost the same chassis layout you could put say..., slash 4x4 arms and tires on it and have it perform more like a short course truck or Rustler arms and tires and have it perform more like a stadium truck, etc, etc,....

So that being said it depends on what you want. If you want to go fast, ramp, etc. you should pick the stampede. If you want a crawler type vehicle for crawling, trail running, and just bashing around but at 1/10 scale speed then the Wraith is for you. The SCX 10 mentioned is setup more like the wraith with solid axles for trailing/crawling but is meant to look even more realistic doing so, i.e. looks like a truck off the highway (more fun than it sounds watch some vids)

I really don't think you could go wrong with any of them if you like RC. They're all a blast in their own way... =D

8. Danboard

Danboard Friendly ENFORCER
    SUPER MODERATOR