1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was you first RC that you can remember.

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by xChrisx, Feb 17, 2011.

?

What was your first rc?

1. Traxxas

82 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Axial

24 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Team associated

20 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Redcat

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Losi

15 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. Duratrax

7 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. aceofaxe

aceofaxe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Traxxas Radicator!! I miss that Buggy!!!:tttt:

2. Monkey

Monkey New Member

My first was a axial honcho about two years

3. k_pop

k_pop New Member

Mine was a traxxas blue eagle kit!!! Back when traxxas made kits. I was 14 back in 1997.

4. Thegillion

Thegillion New Member

T-maxx 1.5 still have it but no radio

5. CM_113

CM_113 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

original RC10 beat it to death, converted it in to a truck and back to buggy, i think it was Christmas 87

6. 4fiddyR

4fiddyR New Member

Tyco Max Van

It was not actually radio controlled. It had a "Clicker" control that made a loud clicking noise. The van had forward, stop, and reverse with left turn. So, you clicked the controller, and it would go forward. Click again, it would stop. Click again, it would back up and turn left. Click/stop. click/forward and so on an on. It was really a piece of junk but that is the first remote control toy I can remember having. It must have been obscure because google cant even find it.

I was so un-enthused by that first experience, I did not even mess with RC again for 30 years 'til now. Now, I am out of control and I have to build shelving or quite possibly an addition to the garage to hold all the trucks and boats and planes etc.

7. Azrayel74

Azrayel74 Dr. Madness

My first RC Car was a Futaba Stadium truck 20 years ago... rode my 10 speed from Orlando out to Kissimee to get it from the only hobby shop i could find... loved that truck... ahh the memories... somewhere it got lost in my move from Florida.. and i didnt get another RC until 2000.

8. rcmaster

rcmaster Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i had one of those too not too long ago maybe ten years

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

first one i can remember was a yellow radio shack "dash" 4x4 monster truck with no suspension.
    next one i can remember was a nikko high roller monster camaro. which i still have. i put hobby grade guts in it.
    then came a tyco fast traxx pick up. wish i still had it. or at least the body.
    then came a tyco lamborghini countach.

then came my first hobby grade which was a kyosho stadium baja.
    after that i think came my tamiya M03 chassis mini cooper.
    then a used bolink eliminator.
    then a RC10T3.
    then a losi XXXT.
    then a used HPI nitro RS4 2 and used tower hobbies ST15

and there's been some toy grade filler in there. i still have 2 radio shack street comber's and a porsche 959.
    i remember a small cheap kool-aid corvette in the early/mid 90's.
    zip zaps i have one of those with no tires. damn things dry rotted away on me.
    super cheap "cave dweller" buggy made by i think nikko. still have that.

oh yeah and i have a nikko boat. forget the name of it. but it has a silver can 540 motor in it which iv replaced twice. hasn't been used in almost 10 years, it might still work. if not, new project!

10. rcmaster

rcmaster Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

can i have the boat?

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

nope sorry. iv been thinking of giving boats a try. was going to use it as an introduction to RC boating. had the idea a while back of making battery boxes out of fiberglass, making a radio box and swapping the stock electronics to hobby grade. cause right now it runs on 6 C cell battery's and 4 or 6 AA battery's and the radio takes another 6AA battery's. not going to get crazy with it. just something to cruise around the local pond with. i figure if i like RC boating ill buy a full hobby grade boat (or scratch build one) and use this one as a retrieval vessel. if it turns out i don't like RC boating i have something to cruise around swimming pools with

12. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

mine was a 8th scale radio shack chevy monster truck with four wheel steering and a winch on th fornt that was stong enough that we could hook it on the cieling fan and pull it from the floor all the way up to the fan loved that truck it was awesome
    :yourkidding:

13. ebricky

ebricky New Member

I GOT MY DADS OLD 1/10 TAMIYA BLACKFOOT! hahah that little thing was a blast. charged up a 7.2 and the thing never asked for anything but another battery!

14. fordguy8790

fordguy8790 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My first RC was a Tyco Turbo Hammer truck... it was RWD and had a switch on the back axle for high and low gears. The batteries took about 4 hours to charge and ran for maybe 15 minutes... Times have thankfully changed a bit since then.
    :)

I still have it, though it hasn't moved in years. I think the motor was burnt out or something. Might have to look into it.

15. SMielke

SMielke New Member

Since my brother was in the hobby for a few years before I was into it I got one of his hammy downs which was a 2.5 Jato that needed a front A-Arm and a new spur. I ran that for a while until it met a mailbox post and shattered to where it would cost more to repair then to replace. The first truck I bought was right after that and since it was hard to get money at 15 so I just bought an old Traxxas Bandit which I still have.

16. JCRSCX10

JCRSCX10 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

this is my first rc its the scx10, i got one year ago with a few upgrades and a new body [​IMG]

#96 JCRSCX10, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  17. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

ive had some little toy grade crud but i took a class for building an r/c robot. i built a rhinicerous beetle (which i sold on eBay) and later i got my HPI crawler king. now i have 3 r/c's, 1 rtr and 2 kits, although the 3rd is comming wednesday (tomorrow) so its a pile of plastic right now, LOL

18. lutterloh

lutterloh New Member

mine was a rc10 with a pink tub chassis with a mechanical esc . that thing was gun!
    swapped out the esc and motor for a leopard 60a esc and a new 4600kv motor a skylipo 5000mah 2s lipo. and that sucker ripped!! month later sold it on Craigslist for $75 and saw it on ebay for $200!:what: it sold :eek:I was kinda upset... but it happens I now have over 5rc's:D

19. Lentomakkara

Lentomakkara New Member

First real one was a 1:10 scale nitro truggy. It has Tamiya and T2M logos on the box, and is called Eagle Truck 5000 Series. I still have it laying around here but there's no spare parts for it anymore.

20. badmonkey269

badmonkey269 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i have 2 my tmaxx2.5r and a AE TC3 4x4 touring car back then it had a green monster motor i think it was called in it. back then it was one of the best motors you could run at the track down state where i use to live.lol that was awhile ago.them touring car went by ya so quick you could feel the wind off them in a pack of 3 or more fast little cars.almost wish i still had one.