1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was you first RC that you can remember.

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by xChrisx, Feb 17, 2011.

?

What was your first rc?

1. Traxxas

82 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Axial

24 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Team associated

20 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Redcat

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Losi

15 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. Duratrax

7 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. scoobyblue

scoobyblue Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The first one i had was a traxxas e revo brushed edition. But truthfully i was 13 and i had a grass hopper. Loved it till dad ran it ova. Lol i got the erevo 2 yrs ago wen i turned 31:cool:

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk 2

2. RC_Psycho

RC_Psycho Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

my first RC was an RC Batmobile from the batman movies in the 80's with turn in reverse action lol cant remember what happend to it tho.

3. AJrc123

AJrc123 Honorary Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Mine was a wallmart rc in 2000 when i was 5, when i was ten i got an exceed 1/10 scale monster truck

4. kurtist

kurtist New Member

What was you're first RC. And what Really got ya into running em?

My fist RC was a Sears lobo 2 i got when i was about 9 i freaking loved that buggy you know a couple tyco 9.6v along the way too! And for years i remember looking at em and considering buying but never did. Until one of my good friends who got into RC fairly heavy when he was a kid started talking about getting his 10 yo and 8 yo boy's some hobby grade RC he had'nt messed w any in 15 years. Well once he started getting em for him and the boys i got the itch too and now 7 years later at 35 yo i've got like 6 RC's and 3 large toolboxes full of stuff a 4 yo w a tamiya lunchbox and a wife w a duratrax evade. I did get out of for a couple years due to lack of want to spend money and just the feeling that things where too expensive for the performance namely battery packs and electronics....But a year ago i found All the high power deals i'm running now And i freakin loving it again......My RC addiction truly started at 28 yrs old.....:)

5. Losi48

Losi48 New Member

Ooof don't even ask what my first RC was lol. But I know what my first Hobby Grade was!! The Traxxas Stampede 2wd. What got me into running toy grades hmm I don't know lol. But what got me into hobby grades really simple. My sister just got back from out of town (Where my LHS was at the time) and she told me that she saw some RC cars ramping so I said "Cool" and then about a month later I youtubed it. I seen some cool RC's (At the time I was 11) and yeah I knew I had money coming in and I just googled RC cars With no research done I purchesed a $220 RC and what do you know! It was a Traxxas Stampede!! I loved it and still do to this day. I have a Losi Micro T and a Traxxas Stampede and a Blade Heli.

6. Troyden

Troyden Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Reading over the posts, damn I feel old! When I got into hobby grade RC's I got hooked up with a RC10ce. Excellent buggy in it's day. I had to read articles in magazines :omg: to figure out that Associated had come out with what has become the holy grail of 2WD buggies. I started racing with a club here in town. By the time Yokomo came out with their YZ-10 4WD I was addicted. I was running the buggies in the summer and direct drive pan cars in the winter. Then in the late 80's and early 90's the club racers that I had been running with started to develop what I call the "I'm a racer" attitude, they seemed to forget that we all were enjoying a hobby. Just before I walked away it got to the point that if you didn't show up at the track with the latest and greatest do-dad to come along. You were dirt and shouldn't be allowed to run, even thou with 2 and 3 year old equipment I kept in the middle of the pack. I stayed away from organized races for years because of that treatment. I still have the last buggy I bought back in the day, a RC10B3, and it is still a lot of fun just getting a bit hard to find parts for. I look around the hobby now and people are doing all the things I tried to do back then but didn't have the right equipment for. Trail riding, hauling a trailer (a friend and I built one that looked a lot like Medic's back in about '91, the beast was made of brass and ended up being about 8 lbs!)

7. RC-187

RC-187 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The first and only one i can remember (4/5 y o) is/was a truck with trailer. It was huge, about a meter long.
    It had a wire from the controller to the truck.
    All i can remember is that my brother wanted to see if it ran without the wire. Wich it did'nt ofcourse.
    Now at 32 I have 3 , a crappy Himoto American Truck (in pieces), a 2wd Rustlede (Stampede on Rustler chassis) and a Slash Ultimate.
    :psychotic::x_x::in love::omg::evilish::on fire::haveaniceday::bouaaaaah::secret laugh::burnt::tastey:

#107 RC-187, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  8. Flgthor

Flgthor Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i had a super turbo hopper by tyco it took 8 aa's and controller used a 9v 27 and 49 mhz i had the 27 and my brother had to 49 we could not afford the grasshopper we had paper routes at 11 years old making money to get toys lol my brother also had a radio shack truck that looked like a bronco full size not the bronco II's and it had a big switch on top to switch from 2wd to 4wd we had fun with that 1 year the snow melted and refroze so there was a layer of ice on top we were driving on top 1 foot of snow and not going though.same with the super turbos to if we got them wet we stop til they were dry and play again.

9. SPlat

SPlat Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Wow what a great thread to remind me how old I am. My first was a cox tether car. I guess True rc was a Ferrari 250 something. That I think came from englad or uk maybe back in the 60's. Had a rich snobby uncle who spoiled me. Was a complicated rc for me way back then. After that was rc10's. Miss alot of the old days

10. MuskokaRC

MuskokaRC New Member

I'm impressed on how many Turbo Hoppers are listed, was my first as well. I loved that thing so much, I swear I owned stocks in AA's back then. They are hard to find nowadays.

11. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

To be honest. Rc started for me when my grandpa gave me a cable controlled jeep with a metal body and reverse to steer type control. I remember it well as a kit type thing that you had to put together. Even the controller. It was probably 1/24 scale.
    First one I bought was a tyco Baja pickup (prob 1/12 scale). It had 9.6 v nicad batt. Man it was fast for those 10 min run times lol.
    First big kit was a kyosho big brute. Great truck with about 10 min run times again lol.

12. RcBeginner

RcBeginner New Member

Different RC's

Just a little chit chat I thought I'd make to get to know a few people. Im curious about what was the first RC that you guys/gals owned. My first RC was a Traxxas 2WD Slash Ford Raptor Edition.

Comment below, what your first RC was ! :yuush:

13. ScaleBasher

ScaleBasher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That truck is a great starter truck! Ive owned 2 of them so far and still have the 2nd one lol My first truck was an Ofna Monster Pirate bought it used rtr and soon figured out I got screwed when I bought it! But after that one was given away for parts I got a Duratrax Evader ST Electric and loved it! #3 Hot Bodies Lightning Pro 1/8th 4wd race buggy I got it used from a friend who helped me learn more about rc's, #4 HPI Wheely King turned it into a crawler with MASSIVE articulation, #5 HPI E10 drift car didnt care for the chassis design and wanted more tuning options #6 Losi stadium truck #7 Slash 2wd #8 2wd Slash #9 Blade MCX #10 Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL #11 Vaterra Twin Hammers #12 Axial Wraith #13 Losi Micro Desert Truck. Well thats it the entire list of all RC cars I have ever owned! Sadly I only have #8-#13 still the rest were sold scrapped stolen or parted out.

14. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My first hobby grade RC was a Tamiya Hornet in 1985 or 84 (still have MOST of it). The first rc I rember haveing a blast with was a Mountian Man Turbo Blazer (1981 or so) It did very well , better than most toy grades do now.

15. MightySilent

MightySilent Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    First hobby grade RC was the TRAXXAS Sledgehammer. Had a blast bashing that truck. Wound up pulling half the shocks and putting lighter springs on it to lower the stance and give it a more racey feel. After that came a Losi xt and xxt. Lost the xt in a storage unit, but still have most of the xxt sitting around with some 15 years of dust on it.

16. CJTiger88

CJTiger88 New Member

First i owned for me was a nitro truggy the RC10GT about 10years ago i think :)

17. Rdecker20

Rdecker20 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

my first rc was a red car that was on a leash. lol yep. I had like a 3 foot cord. I was probably 5. Then I got a semi truck rc from the dollar store that also had a cord. You'd have to walk with it if you wanted it to go anywhere lol. Then one christmas I got a new "wireless" car. It was one of those that if you hit a wall it would flip over and could keep going. Blue on one side and red on the other. The next christmas I got my first rc that was sort of a big deal to me. It was a new bright ford f 150, it was silver. IT had full Forward, reverse left and right, and an adjustable low and high gear. This was my first rc that was sort of a prized posession for me... Eventualy I thought I had "grown out" of rc's I got into other hobbies and pretty much forgot about rcs for several years. Then one day a friend of mine got a duratrax street force gp. He later got a tmaxx 2.5 with the TQ3 radio... and then got a boat. So I got hooked again. Unfortunately I didnt get back into rc until several years later. and then that brings us to now.

18. RcBeginner

RcBeginner New Member

I remember those ones that flipped over for you that we're half red then half blue!:tttt:

19. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I think for most of us, Radioshack or Tandy Played a BIG part in our Early RC life.

I had two...
    Radio Shack Turbo Lamborghini
    [​IMG]

And a Radio Shack Chevy Blazer that was a simple turn in reverse one.. it was AWESOME..

20. Juddp

Juddp Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    my first rc was a traxxas stampeed(when they still had the mechanical speed control) it was great till you got about 200 feet away, then off it went! fun times!