1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AXIAL Whats a good 27t motor?

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by CalebTheRCguy, Apr 26, 2017.

1. CalebTheRCguy

CalebTheRCguy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    What else is there for high quality, low budget motors? Both Axial and RC4WD are either out of stock or $30 a motor no matter where I look. All I need is two 27T 540 motors. Thanks for the help.

2. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    hpi wheelie king motor, from my understanding it's the same motor as the axial 27t just a different sticker, at least that's what the tech guy at rcplanet told me.

CalebTheRCguy likes this.
  3. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    How long can you wait ?
    Snow Panther 27T motors are good cheap alternatives.
    Goolrc are also good options..
    @CalebTheRCguy Send me a PM and I can help you hunt down a decent motor..

lout, CalebTheRCguy and walter like this.
  4. mudholestomper

mudholestomper Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-hackmoto-brushed-motor-p-66168.html

rcmart.com
    yeah racing
    hackmoto
    27t rebuildable dual bearings
    ~ $15 = fantastic bang for your buck
    also, these same 540 sized motors are available in low turn modified ranges up to 80 turn if so desired

they are not hand built, hand wound, hand tuned Holmes Hobbies power plants, but for $15, they are a very nice machine wound motor with all of the features and rebuildable/replaceable components you could want or need

And, at $15, you can afford to take risks when out on the trail "hey, I think I'll try to cross in the deepest section of that creek to test my waterproofing and, should I get some muddy water in my new motor and it eats up the comm, I'll be able to replace it for a song…

…not to mention that I can afford to own different winds to customize my motor and power delivery for the type of trails I'll be dealing with

I mean, what would be
    Cooler than having a small toolbox that is organized with many different motors with different winds and power characteristics - it would be an impressive kit to pull out in front of your buddies before y'all leave for your bash session and opening it up and thumbing through an impressive (and I'll just say it, totally badass) selection of power plants and choosing the exact motor setup for the circumstances

I guarantee that your fellow RCers would be both impressed and jealous that you had taken your pre-bash prep
    And tuning to a level that had never occurred to them

Sent from my Apple iPhone 7…which, as you know, clearly defines me as being superior to you in every way

5. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    {Magnat buys the 27T motor and the 35T motor and swaps the Armatures over for sneaky Power gain whilst passing his trailing partner on the straight sections}

Just kidding but yes, Hackmoto, Snow Panther, GoolRC and I believe there is another brand all have their motors and armatures made at the same factory and literally just put their own labels on them. They are a reliable motor and as @mudholestomper has pointed out they are DIRT CHEAP.. Buy 2 and then you have one as a spare when on the trails..
    [​IMG]
    Snow Panther

[​IMG]
    Yeah Racing Hackmoto V2

[​IMG]
    Gool RC..

6. CalebTheRCguy

CalebTheRCguy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thanks guys! I already got 2 of the 27T Hackmoto V2 motors from Magnat's suggestion in a PM. They are great motors!

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

#6 CalebTheRCguy, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Magnat007 likes this.