1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheres all the Losi Comp and Nightcrawler people ? are we differant ?

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by crawlerdave, Nov 3, 2011.

1. crawlerdave

crawlerdave Banned

just wondering how many people are using the comp and nightcrawler out there and what people have to say about them. my opinion is that I know they are not the best crawler out there but I really o not need the best of the best to have fun, I cant find anything really bad to say except the stock servos suck . The good is that they are great beginner crawlers and fairly cheap for noobs like myself.
    share your opinions for all people looking into getting a comp or nightcrawler. opinions really help out people when they hear it from losi owners rather than some off the wall hobby store trying to push a sale. ( do not get me wrong..lol there are good hs that spend the time to explain things and are a big help too ) thx and have fun people

2. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Heya man, I started out with a nightcrawler and have not looked back its been real fun running it and 8 months later mine is still running after beating the crap out of it. Mine has a few upgrades and with upgrades other parts take to much stress and break so more hopups are the way to go, If you leave it stock and run it every now and then the stock servo should hold up. My wifes LNC is 100% stock and has yet to break a single part. check out my YouTube 11000 views on a single LNC from my understanding is odd lol!!

3. BentRacer315

BentRacer315 New Member

I'm running the lnc and loved it the first day i drove er, pretty capable crawler outa the box and loads of fun for a newbie as I am only after playing for a few days did i notice a few weak points on the rig so surfing i went and ya upgrades are way too much fun lol, first choice was the rover white dots with 6oz/front and 3oz/rear, helped out tons crawlin on my yard course then came the hitec hs 7955 tg servo as i was getting stuck between the rocks but this solved that issue, then I stuffed a titan 21t monster 550 in er and solved all my torque issues and motor stalling, after that she was a great crawler but the upgrade bug had hit me so i couldnt stop! comp spring mounts, esc tray, batt tray, lower links, 5mm hex hubs, steering links,white springs, 50wt oil, ordered a dig and then noticed the moa conversion "addicted to chaos" where will it end i do not know but as for the rig in rtr form she was just fine for a beginner rig, once upgraded she's a capable intermediate rig and maybe more!

4. -NB-

-NB- New Member

I started out with the night crawler. first thing was the servo for sure. very bad... basically just need the servo and tires and away you go. I soon upgraded to the LCC and converted it right away to an moa. I currently run my XR10 in comps and would never look back, but my 3 year son runs a night crawler / LCC hybrid basically a LCC with the night crawler trany, hitec servo and HB Grabber tires. very capable and a fun truck. the night crawler sure started my addiction to crawling and to rc in general.

5. RC_Psycho

RC_Psycho Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I started out with a LNC then I got the LCC I sold my LNC. the electronics in mt LCC are all stock electronics you would find in a LNC (except the motor, since its in my Wrangler Unlimited) I prefer the LCC over the Axial AX-10 only cause of the worm gear, works exceptionally well and dosent roll down rocks at all lol

I do suggest the LNC for beginners since they are so much fun to run with the rock lights :) I would also suggest the LCC for anyone looking into using the dig trans for crawling both very excelent rigs

6. truckguysrul

truckguysrul New Member

iam running the lnc myself it has been alot of fun have not had any probs with it at all even my kid likes to run it and he is pretty hard on things