1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which do I choose?

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Kumikazi345, May 23, 2014.

1. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

I am saving up for my second RC truck and I do not know which to choose I need answers TRaxxas Ford SVT raptor or Axial Jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon? which one shal I buy because both can fit scale accesories ones waterproof fully and the other I have to waterproof one already comes with battery and charger for a cheap price the other doesnt for an expensive price which one I like one with the still crawling capabilities and 4wding although I feel like putting a trailer on the back of one of them maybe a winch even so I am confused please help?

2. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

And maybe thinkin about just want a proper truck chassis on the plus side

3. Thomas Moffat

Thomas Moffat Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

It sounds like you want the Axial, the Traxxas is a 2wd.

4. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    not to mention that the traxxas is also a sct and probably wouldn't be a very capable crawler... +1 for the axial

5. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Definately the SCX10... You might not go anywhere fast... but you will go anywhere 4 tyres can get traction..

6. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

thanks for helping mate I am saving up for that truck right now :) need only 300 $ more.

7. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

thank you for all of everyones support I have atleast got people to talk to on this website about things.

8. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

I ve finally decided what to get because I want a truck thats easy to put a flatbed bit on the back that ill make its The TRAIL HOnCHO RTR thats my second RC and save up 400$ more just in case from where I buy the honcho from guys got 186.70 something like that is my money now so Ill need to save up 400$ more but yeah thanks

9. Owen725

Owen725 New Member

Sweet. That'll have the crawling capability and scale features you're looking for, though I don't know how fast they go.

10. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

made a good choice, Like Magnat007 said, the SCX10 might not be fast, but BOY OH BOY are they FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is a one of a kind rig. nothing really comes as close to it, in being the most universal rigs.
    from almost perfect 1:1 replicas in 1:10th scale, to mud boggers, FoFF rigs, competition rig, there really isn't any limitations to this chassis.

keep saving!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It will be WELL worth the wait for sure!!!!

11. MrSTUDofRC

MrSTUDofRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

AMAZING choice man! SCX-10's are as [MENTION=1737]Greenie[/MENTION] said VERY customizable - a great site to check out for all your SCX-10 upgrades is here: RC4WD - The Ultimate RC Products if you haven't already found out about it

Have a GREAT time with the new rig!

12. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

yeah guys sorry I found a better but not as good as the honcho its caalled the Axial scx10 deadbolt and was new to my hobbystore cheaper to 360.00$ compared to my other shop selling them all for 539.99$ I like what but yeah thanks guys the deadbolt I am having a fun time with. it has new electronics to it aswell and I tried rock racing with it well offroading at high speed and it handles it so well love the performance truck cool!

13. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    its still the same truck. just with a diferent boddy. :)

14. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

Yes but new electronics and new type of driveshaft but the same AR-3 reciver standard with most new axials :)

15. Fabulous

Fabulous Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'm leaning towards the deadbolt over the wraith myself. Since you have the deadbolt can you give a quick review?

16. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    unlike the others, I vote axial too, but not because of any reason other than I have had bad experiences with Traxxas, their parts, their service and their employees (never again will I buy traxxas)