1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which quad copter is better?

Discussion in 'Copters' started by MRFUZZYPANTS, Aug 9, 2014.

1. MRFUZZYPANTS

MRFUZZYPANTS New Member

Hi guys. me and my buddy are thinking about getting a quad copter to shoot some rc videos but i was researching online and found the DJI phantom fc40 and the blade 350 QX. We are planning on using a Gopro to shoot the videos instead of the stock camera on the dji phantom if that helps. but if some one could tell me which is better for my needs it's greatly appreciated.

2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    both of them are great. and way more advanced than mine. lol
    i have a i-fly 4 with entirely new electronics. a x-900 tricopter i built, one of them cheap q-bot mini quads from hobby king. and a heli max 1sq.
    i fly my tricopter the most. check out my youtube if you wanna see some beautiful arial shots. click the yt link below my info.

3. Chunder

Chunder Fixer
    ELiTE MEMBER

If you're using a GoPro anyways, don't get the FC40 version, just get the normal version as it's the same thing without the camera you wouldn't be using anyhow.

If you plan to use a gimbal eventually, the Phantom is set up better for it.

I think the Phantoms fly better, but you're stuck with their radio. However you can add ground control stations or the Lightbridge to it later.

Apart from the radio, the Phantom is a way better option of the two.

4. MRFUZZYPANTS

MRFUZZYPANTS New Member

i was looking on youtube and does one quadcopter have better gps lock? Because i will probably be using that the most

5. TracaR

TracaR MASTER BUiLDER

the dji phantom mehhh , i have had many and lots of issues and gps problems , but my QX has always been rock solid, it has even gone thru an entire river and come back to me and she still flew the same day!!! i have the video to prove it ;)