1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which truck is right for you? (What Trail Truck/Scale Truck should I get thread).

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by fordguy8790, Aug 30, 2012.

1. RCmechanic1969

RCmechanic1969 New Member

Ok. Thanks for the advice

Mark Liersch likes this.
  2. Mark Liersch

Mark Liersch Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    As to your concern of having a rig sitting on your workbench all the time, if you do regular maintenance, it should never really break down. My rigs get a going over right after the run. Check all the hardware, make sure nothing is loose, if you have a compressor, great...blow out EVERYTHING. If you run a lot of water or mud, pull the axles apart every couple of runs. Water will get in anywhere it can. If you totally submerge the truck on a regular basis, you should do that to your tranny too. Use a good grease in your axles, tranny , and your bearings. Just all regular maintenance. In 6 years, me and my buddy Dave (I build and maintain his truck as well as my rigs) have never had a failure on the trail. The fiddling is all part of the hobby, and if you hate the fiddling part of it, may I suggest knitting? Just kidding...the fiddling also helps you learn all about your truck...

Antho11 likes this.
  3. ProRCrookie

ProRCrookie Member

Media:
    I’m kind of on the fence between the trx4 and the scx10.2. I like everything the trx4 has like the 2speed transmission and the lockable diffs. the only thing i don’t care for are the bodies the trx4 comes with. I also like the TQ radio since my only rig is a slash. so that’s another plus. With all that in mind I would also like to try a trail rig kit that i can customize and a lot people seem to like the scx10.2. I’m a newbie to rc and apologize for the long post hopefully you guys can help with any other recommendations or input.