1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I going through servos

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Cameron Haga, Feb 13, 2016.

1. LooseNut

LooseNut Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    LOL watch this video. It is relevant. You'll see.

2. DivineChaos

DivineChaos Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Can you post that as a url link. My phone won't play linked videos.

3. LooseNut

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thats 4 posts. Everytime it posts it comes up the same. I maybe doing something wrong. I used the URL option. Cant post again or they'll shoot me here. Too many times. Sorry.

4. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Due to the way the forum works I can verify Loose Nut did try and post the vid several times.. but I have had to remove them as they all came up the same way.
    Might be time to stop using the phone DivineChaos as you are missing out on all the forums fabulous glory. Tapatalk has been having a fair few issues.. and its the reason I wont use my tablet or phone on forums any more..

Due to the way that people have been posting video the forum automatically embeds them now.
    So no LooseNut you were not doing anything wrong.

Y2daT and LooseNut like this.
  5. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

Argggg. Could you pm me the url. Basically just what it says after http//www.youtube.com/

6. LooseNut

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Whew

7. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

All I've got is my phone. We don't have internet anymore.

LooseNut likes this.
  8. Cameron Haga

Cameron Haga Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So far the mg996r is holding up . Just been driving more carefully . And I was breaking gears .

9. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Good to hear Cameron !

The MG996R is probably the best value for money servo on the market.. Just because its not a Savox,Traxxas or Hitec doesn't mean its garbage.

10. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

I installed a bec. Amazing the difference 1 volt makes.

11. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Would a bec help me ? If so I'll grab one and throw it in . I'm fairly new to rc but not at all new to soldering or wiring . I'm running 3900 kv on 2s

12. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

It just made mine more responsive. The internal bec on my esc was only 5 volts 2 amps. So I got a cc bec. Just set it to 6 volts. But if your running that motor. I think that's a bit overpowered. What are you running that motor in. 3900 is overkill. I just swapped my 3500 kv for a 3300 kv. Lipo lasts longer and it seems just as fast. I can go crawl now. Being it's on a wraith, it's better. Speed breaks things. Especially things that weren't designed for going that fast.

13. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I'm running it in my Wraith . Not as fast as you would think though . It was a cheap goolrc and has been giving me so much trouble that the company offered to give my money back if I wanted to pay to send it back or give me fifty percent of it back if I'd keep it . So far I can't tell if it was worth the twenty two fifty I ended up paying . Gonna get the castle sidewinder or a hobby wing . What kv is a happy medium between too fast and too slow ? And what brand would you suggest ?

14. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So I've got an off topic question . What kind of amp draw comes per S . If I wanted 3s what amp ESC would I need . And is there and easy calculation ?

15. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

Well the 3500kv cogged at low speed. But I haven't cogged at all with my 3300kv. If you have a decient esc just go with the motor @whynot007 has. Or the whole system. I have the rc4wd 2 speed trans and I can't get it to cog in high. And I'm running a 16t pinion with the 60t spur. Speed is fun. If you want to replace parts constantly. My wraith will still do about 30. It's fast. With the stock trans. I think it's 3to1 ratio or there abouts. Still be around 20mph.

16. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    My ESC is the same brand and I don't know if it's the motor or the controller that's causing trouble . I've only got the one brushless system as of now . Just want to make sure when I get a new one its going to be one I'm happy with . And when I said that the one I have isn't very fast I mean it isn't even as fast as the HPI firebolt .

17. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I can vouch for 00whynot's setup. Woke the crap up out of my buggy and I'm sure it will do the same to my truck ( tonight's job hopefully ). He has running videos of it and I must say I'm very impressed. 3300kv is all you would need. My son had a trackstar 4500 or thereabouts in his wraith and torque was an issue along with slow enough speed.

Search for "secret brushless" should find it

18. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

And if you ever break it. It's cheap. 20 for a motor. 20 for the esc. I have the 100a version of the esc. But I wanted overkill. The first esc I got had an issue. But I never ran a few packs through it before waterproofing. But they are cheap. But I do reccomend getting a cc bec if you can afford it.

19. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

20. Cameron Haga

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So I found his thread but the link to the motor said that the seller didn't have it available . Do you know what motor it is ?