1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Challenges

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by xSpeedyMonkeyx, Jan 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. xSpeedyMonkeyx

xSpeedyMonkeyx Active Member

Media:
    To deal with the snow/slush/ice we are dealing with in MN I went and got some Sand Paws at my lhs, and got two rims for free. Raised the ride hight and put the body posts as high as possible to avoid rubbing on the over sized wheels, and here it is

The rears look small in comparison but the paddles are crazy nice. What has anyone else done to cater to the weather?

K.C.'s RC likes this.
  2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I find that chains make a fairly large difference on crawlers. I'm not sure if they would have the same effect on a short course truck though. Also waterproofing is very important.

3. Bluedually

Bluedually Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The tires I am running work pretty darn well on packed or hard packed snow. I would recommend the RC4WD mudslingers to anyone for winter use.

And while I am sure to get mocked, I don't own any water proof gear... So I cut up an oceanspray bottle to act as an inner body/snow guard and it keeps everything pretty dry. You can see it hanging lower than the body.
    [​IMG]

#3 Bluedually, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017