1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woah! Off to School for me!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RCSparks, Feb 6, 2012.

1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Well today I got a phone call from a friend of my family.

They work at a school for Kids that need something a little extra in their education. Maybe a little extra guidance. The friend had discussed me coming in to do some sort of presentation for the kids (in a single class), about how to follow your dreams and make your ideas come to life.

Later today.. I will attending a meeting today with administrators of a School, to discuss doing a presentation for them about RCSparks, Youtube and the RC ADVENTURES Show!

If agreed upon, this will be my first presentation to a younger generation (in person) - to show them the fun of Staying in School, Finding a great hobby to have fun with.. AND discovering new and creative talents that they have! Geez, who knew that Youtube could have Such a wide impact on generations..

I wont lie... Im a little nervous! LOL! But I think thats normal. I never saw myself as being a Public speaker.. but just have to familiarize myself with the school, what the presentation should be about.. and how I will layout the 1/2 hour - 1 hour of time. Maybe bring in some of my Rigs, let them check out the drifters.. crawlers.. and airplanes..

Answer some questions.. and try to give them a few extra smiles that day. Let's see how the meeting goes today..

Any TOPIC Suggestions you may have .. would be appreciated my friends.. i want to ensure that the kids get something fun, and relevant to real life ..

What would Picard Do? Make it SO!

Wish me luck!

:graffiti:

2. scx10creeper84

scx10creeper84 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

very cool,I know i would be nervous also but it will turn out well.Youtube can sure open doors to new experiences,and lots of new people.I'm sure you will do fine man,and have some fun as well.

3. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

This is awesome Aaron. Watching your videos on both your channels I have thought to myself that you should try and do something like this. I think I even mentioned it to you at some point. We all get nervous, its something new.

You will do great at it for sure. Bring in some of your RC's like you said so they can check them out and see all the great aspects of this hobby. Like I have told you this hobby and you have changed my life and inspired me.

You will show them that if you set your mind to something no matter what it is and follow your dreams you can do it with dedication and hard work. Don't let people tell you different or bully you around. I'm sure you will mention stuff like that to them.

hmmm writing this I just got an idea that you may want to try if this meeting goes good for you and you do this presentation.

Maybe consider taking some clips from some of your video's and putting them together, making another video about 5 - 10 min long and putting it on disk so they can also get a glimpse of your video's and what you do as well. Just an idea that might be worth while. Talking and showing them of course as well but I'm thinking this part could be useful also for your presentation in front of the class when you do it.

I'm going to stop now.

Good luck bud you will do great. Your a true inspiration to many many people and this hobby alone can make a difference in someone's life with people like you!

:)

4. Wolfkelly

Wolfkelly Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

good luck man and have fun with it just remember u da man

5. cdnltded

cdnltded Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    you know when i was in school it wasnt cool nor fun couldnt wait to get out. but as you get older you realize it is good to saty in school.
    man medic i think you will do just fine, you have no problem talking to tens of thousands of peolpe granted its via the net and you cant see them, maybe all of us are in our birthday suits you dont know. but just go with it. if you see something they like work it and try to trun it into something to reinforce the school thing

6. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

WOW dude that BRILLIANTLY cool!!!!!!!! what an opportunity to inspire a section of generation all at once!!! very cool dude!!

just think of the kids as multiple cameras LOL!!! you'll be fine!!!
    you put you face, feelings, whims and adventures all across the Internet, a hand full of kids will be nothing!!! you'll love it dude!!! you're a natural teacher anyways!

topics topics topics........
    i reckon take a little leaf out of Mepicnation, about being human,
    a little about setting goals and aiming for them,
    passion for what you do and where you have taken that passion to create your "empire of code" lol!!! 100101010111010010101 LOL!!!!

7. RCMUD

RCMUD New Member

Some of your videos may be inappropriate, Be careful Aaron!

8. Dillard87

Dillard87 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

good Luck brother !!

9. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My wife is in school to be a teacher and I completely understand your nerves but just think about doing a vid at home plus the kids will think it is freaking awesome after all what kid can resisit Rcs plus who knows might open doors man since thats kinda how my wife wound up in school she was a volunteer teaching art once a month

:weallgonnadie:

10. imjimbo

imjimbo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Mr medic well done ... dont be nervouse treat it like one of your amazing vids... just the camera is now the kids...

I think that a very important topic that you could tie into your presentation is bullying.. well that bullying is bad and that if they exert there energy into something as ace as rc, all the kids can get envolved with eachother on a level playing feild, and how hobbies like rc can bring everyone from all walks of life, colour, religon, sexual preference and location can all come together, time spent on a hobby like this is time spent not bullying or being bullied..

good luck .. and remember that kids are the cruelest critics..

11. summitnut

summitnut Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    You don't need luck Aaron.you have the gift of being able to relate and teach at the same time.Your personality is perfect for kids to be able to relax and have some fun, best part they will be learning and not even know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. summitnut

SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    I just thought of this, ask them if they would like to be in a video. Take a bit of footage.... Use it in a vid that might be something to consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. lilscreez31

lilscreez31 New Member

dont take overkill with hellrazor tires

14. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You will be fine... I mean you have the personality and ability to sit yourself in front of a camera and speak to THOUSANDS... a room full will be nothing..

You don't need luck... you already possess all that is needed...

15. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That is a great idea Summitut but I know that here in Aus Not just visitors or adults but even other students need to get written permission off of another child's parent to even take a photo or it is illegal. But anyway Good Luck Medic I think you will do great at the school. Would be awesome if you came to my High School. :)

16. summitnut

SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    That's a good point.......ok depending on there age get them to draw some pics and use them
    in a vid. Teacher could send a note home for the parents.
    Yes it's a bit of extra work....... But it's for the kids.when they find out there pic was seen b
    that many people they may remember that for some time to come

17. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

thats right. i remember all that crap on the news. politics gone STUPID.

18. Fordy

Fordy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thats great medic! haha, if you feel like doing a trip to Aus im sure my school would have you! Make sure you take your drifter to show off too! All the kids like drift cars, I can't take mine anywhere without getting a crowd of people interested! :)

19. BASHdaSLASH

BASHdaSLASH Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That would be a good video for youtube ?? Mepicnation ??

20. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey Medic, how'd the meeting go???