1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wraith crawler setup question??

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by OKCrawler, Feb 11, 2015.

1. OKCrawler

OKCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ok what would other possibilities be as for a locker or spool?

2. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I am using the HR in my Wraith. I've had no issues with it. While researching, almost all of them claim an interferance fit as a benefit. I chose the HR spools because they didn't.

[​IMG]

3. OKCrawler

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ok Good to know!
    Thanks for your input and help!
    Does it look like I have pretty much everything covered in my list of upgrades to make a good crawler or did I miss something?
    Ooo and yes I do plan on moving the battery forward! I hope I to be able to keep all of the electronics up front under the hood!!!
    Btw the factory wraith body wont be used for every long!!!

4. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    oh and btw a 55t motor will kill your speed but has really good torque. The cheapo axial line of seal can motors actually last quite a while, I did crawling and crazy abuse with the stock axial 20t motor that comes on all the ax 10 rigs like the wraith and the deadbolt and the ridgecrest and it still works, I just swapped out to a better 35t motor. Seal can means once the brushes are cooked the motor goes in the trash. , I would run a 35t motor, like a tekin or rc4wd rebuildable. 35t has enough torque for the rocks, and not too slow for mud and hill climbs and what not. I have the rc4wd motor rebuilable boost 35t, and I really like it it was like $47. I have legit put my deadbolt ax 10 through hell and it takes it like a champ, only have stripped out the plastic trani gears, and I think I finally burned out the stock tactic servo, it just jitters now, aside from the time it glitched but sorta still worked. The c-hubs and knuckles all stock hold up great, the only damaged is the body, and I few parts have become a little sloppy from wear.
    http://s939.photobucket.com/user/Spencer912/media/2015-04-01 23.19.00_zpsfetqnmka.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

#44 Spence123, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  5. summitnut

summitnut Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    I'm using gcm last lockers.
    Also uses set screws.takes a few minutes to get them set right.the vanquish ones only use the set screws if you are using vanquish cvd's from my understanding
    The gcm will work with any shaft even custom made ones.
    Takes a bit more time to set them up right though.

6. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    If you really want the best or some people think, its the vanquish wraith locker. but those look just as good, if it ain't broke don't fix it, the stock lockers are pretty tough so far, whoops lol didn't see that you mentioned the vanquish lockers lol

#46 Spence123, May 14, 2015
  7. OKCrawler

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thanks guys.....
    Im wanting to upgrade it up for rock crawling and trailing. Wont ever be going thru any "deep mud" so Im not too worried about speed. Maybe a few hill climbs but wont be flying off of them either! lol or at least not on purpose!!
    Whats the chances of being able to fit all of the electronics that Ive choosen under the hood with a lipo battery of decent size?

8. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    a rc4wd 35t, tekin 35t, or holmes hobbies rebuildable motor is serviceable and has replaceable brushes. A 35t motor is perfect for what you want to do, I don't mud my rc's either, but I do run in the snow tho. I have learned from magnat and a few others that a 35t rebuildable motor is a good motor for what most people do in terms of crawling and trailing, thats what I use now. What electronics have you chosen? Roll overs and crashes will happen, its part of the hobby. Parts can break and do sometimes. Squirrel rod will show you how to do the hood mod, since I don't own a wraith, I don't know how you do it:
    It looks like you could fit anywhere from a 2200mah 2s or 3s if your esc is rated to a 3s. You could probably fit a 5000mah pack in there, they weigh a lot so the extra front weight bias is good. I mean medic has a poison spider wraith all decked out with vanquish parts, and the hood mod and he put a 5000mah 3s in there. it looks like some of the bars come out allowing you to fit a battery, and the esc in there. It looks like most people still use the stock lexan hood and just hinge it

#48 Spence123, May 14, 2015