1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wraith Kit

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by Dribble, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

OK I know there was someone asking about the Wraith kit for when it would be available. Well sorry I could not find the post to post this in so I am creating a new post. I just got an email from Axial telling me the Wraith Kit is now available yes that's right it is now available. I will be getting this in the Kit for myself @ $299.00 why not? I think this will be a fun kit to do myself. Here is a link for everyone with more information on it

AXIAL WRAITH? - PT# AX90020 - 1/10th SCALE ELECTRIC 4WD ROCK RACER KIT

2. chopperray

chopperray Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Woohoo ya i just got the email for the press release. This is what i've been waiting for. I knew they where gonna offer a kit.
    This rocks, now to place an order an see how long it takes for this one. LOL Aluminum links, CVD's and i get to pick what electronics i want in it. Cool!!!! I'M SO EXCITED

3. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

I know hey its awesome now im going to go tell 4mods because he just bought a RTR one hahaha. I know I'm so excited for this KIT myself. Like you said Aluminum Links, CVD's, your electronics that you want and clear body panels its awesome :)

4. Danboard

Danboard Friendly ENFORCER
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rats. I was expecting upgraded aluminum for the steering links. Nonetheless, fantastic release from Axial! I am sure a lot of you are waiting for this to be released!

I made it a sticky for now, Dribble! That way all conversations about the release of the kit can go to the thread that you created!

:)

#4 Danboard, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. Wolfkelly

Wolfkelly Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i know where im going tomorrow thats the best news i have heard :in love:

6. jtpappy

jtpappy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

#6 jtpappy, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  7. Wolfkelly

Wolfkelly Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

that sucks to have all kinds of problems with new rig

8. ChasinRC

ChasinRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

WOW, that was fast :p

9. gabehunt

gabehunt Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

scott424 likes this.
  10. Paulo Sousa

Paulo Sousa Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

mine is still running good...only lost one screw...lol...and unless the builder of the kit glues all the screws, they will still come off...no matter how hard you screw them. the only thing i really think its good in the kit is the cvd´s, other than that is just like the rtr...links like those i know how to do, and beefier if i want to...so why is it a good deal???? they take away the CC "tuned" esc ($90) the motor ($18) the 2.4Ghz radio and receiver($90) all the lights with controller ($30) the servo (cant find it anywhere but is arround $50+-) and they throw in an awsome set of xvd axles ($45) and alluminiun links($13), some say they put xr10 alluminiun steering knuckles and c-hubs ($65+$60) but i dont see any information about that, not even on the axial web page....but even if they did put all this stuff, they "gave" you, by my account, $223 and took away $278....and on top of that you still have go home and build everything on your own...for $299???? you got to be shi?!ng me!!!!! if i had the money i would by an rtr...again. the way i see it, the kit is indeed a good deal...for axial.

11. Baal

Baal Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Personaly I'd be happy to pay another $100 rather then have it assembled half as badly as my TR honcho was new.
    The SCX10 kit vs TR is similar price wise I bought a TR with AE-2 esc 2.4ghz and the alloy link hop up much cheaper then having bought the kit and installed the same electronics and I guess the esc is ok.
    Anyways I'm planing to pick up the kit in the next month or so just to have it more then anything, no idea yet what if anything I'll use it for though but I can't help myself.

#11 Baal, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  12. aceofaxe

aceofaxe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Where are you finding it in stock?

13. supersavage

supersavage Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

[video=youtube;IJ-iuztai2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-iuztai2Q&feature=feedu[/video]
    I found this guy doing a build series on it might take a while but it might be interesting.

#13 supersavage, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  14. Paulo Sousa

Paulo Sousa Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

the suspension links in the video are alluminiun xr10 links, much more beefy than the ones axial shows on their web page...but still not enought to justify the $300 price :-( the scx10 and xr10 cost arround 250€ here in Portugal, why does the wraith cost 300€ ???? is it that better?....

15. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

the pics look sweet definitely go for it dude!

16. tundrafan10

tundrafan10 New Member

one question doe's the kit wraith have real beadlocks' or do you ahve ot glue on your tire's thank's zach.

17. Baal

Baal Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

It has the same rims just in black with a softer version of the same tires so you would still need to glue or upgrade them

#17 Baal, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  18. aceofaxe

aceofaxe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I just ordered mine!!!!:sparkswraith:

19. jtpappy

jtpappy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

got mine yesterday and put it together and all ready drove it in the mountains good times!!!

20. joelKID984

joelKID984 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

cant wait to get mine. im gonna use mine for rock crawling, hill climbing etc.