1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wraith Wrebuild; my "budget" build

Discussion in 'Crawler Build Projects' started by Ascender'nMN84, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Ascender'nMN84

Ascender'nMN84 Well-Known Member

This truck was picked up used in the fall of 2017 from a member of my local club for a very fair price. Essentially a bonestock, the original plan was to do a "$75 every 2 weeks, paycheck schedule, budget build. Not a budget build where I compromise quality for the budget, but more how you can still get quality stuff in a rig, on a schedule without spending your whole paycheck. Once I finally collect all the numbers, I'll put together both a parts list (with part numbers of available) and show the schedule I had in mind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#1 Ascender'nMN84, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  2. Ascender'nMN84

The pile of parts; a collection 9 months in the making... started off by rebuilding some Vanquish V2 axle housing I picked up off a different club member. Next was installing the BPC battery and electronics tray. Very nice piece, but your stock receiver box will not fit under the hood without trimming. Since this was going to be a "budget" build, I did "cut some corners" along the way. One of those areas was in the links. I went with Incision stainless vs. Vanquish titanium for cost reasons more than anything. Lastly I swapped out the old axial beadlocks w/ orange ring and ripsaw's for some SSD Champion beadlocks wrapped in CI foams and Growlers. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#2 Ascender'nMN84, Jul 7, 2018
    Bluedually likes this.
  3. Polaris425

Polaris425 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    looks good!

Ascender'nMN84 likes this.
  4. Ascender'nMN84

Some pre-build glamour shots..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bluedually likes this.
  5. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Nice rig! Get those snow shots out of here lol, I'm trying to enjoy the heat!

6. Ascender'nMN84

Agreed. My apologies... Here are a few update pics of where it sits currently:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I was really liking the blacked out look, but the more aluminum I add, the more I'm liking it. Last minute scramble order fir st least a matching roof and hopefully good but I'm not holding out hope there. The 3rd pic is the piece I was really after but as long as I was ordering that, the rear fenderwells and side panels were added.

[​IMG]

The Vanquish V2 axle really fits nicely with this build I feel. Time will tell how they behave in real-world applications, but I'm digging their look for now. Just need better diff covers...

#6 Ascender'nMN84, Jul 7, 2018
    Bluedually likes this.
  7. Bluedually

Bluedually Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Only 9 months to collect parts, I wish my CXT could be built so quickly lol.

Awesome looking build.

Ascender'nMN84 likes this.
  8. Ascender'nMN84

Thank you! I'm still acquiring parts for it as I go. Finding a few worn out pieces along the way and a few last minute ideas/changes. Making a run to my LHS to see what they can fill before I place another online order. One thing I should have done is order a stainless hardware kit too. Might have to throw one of those in my RPP cart.