1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xv-01 kit vs xv-01 pro kit

Discussion in 'Race - Newbe Q' started by Asiak, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Asiak

Asiak New Member

Hi,
    i´m will buy my first rally-drift car, more rally than drift. I´ve seen a lot of vids about the xv-01 chassis and i´ve noticed that there is a pro version. But i´m not really sure if the pro version is it worth. Can someone tell me if ist worth to pay 100$/€ more for the pro version + body? or maybe the normal version is good enough? is there any other good alternative in this price class (around 200$/€)
    I´ve done the ´´paying less´´ mistake in the past. I want a crawler and i bought a cc-01 kit... and hoped it up and upper... and at the end i bought an axial kit. I don´t want to do the same mistake again.
    I hope you can solve my questions. thanks

2. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

The pro kit has cvd axles and a few aluminum upgrades so I guess it depends on what you want the end product to be.
    As far as a CC01 compared to an SCX10 they are basically 2 completely different rigs so I wouldn't call that a mistake, just depends on what you want to do with it.

3. Asiak

Asiak New Member

for me it was a mistake in the drivability, the cc01 looks good, but for me it was a only look model, i wont something to climb little rocks, with more ground clearance, more axle twist, etc....
    but ist rally time. i´m don't want to run professional races or something similar. I only want a good chassis with I can have some fun like it is with the axial.

#3 Asiak, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  4. JoeFerguson

JoeFerguson New Member

If you want to get the XV-01, you will want to get the pro kit.
    I bought the standard kit, and I WISH I got the pro. The upgraded parts that are in the pro are great additions.

You will pretty much need the CVD's. I didn't have the CVD's in my car at first and I blew out the front end in a half a pack.

5. Asiak

Asiak New Member

#5 Asiak, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014